Effects radiating from vehicles

I'm sure this has been done to death, but I was playing a fellow today who said that GTs and the big tournaments were ruling that the kustom force field worked from inside a vehicle. This is potentially game changing as the same logic could be applied to psychic hoods, sanguinary priests, the sanguinor, pedro kantor, etc, etc. Is there some logic I can throw at this guy to shut him up? He, like everyone in favor of shameless abuse of this concept, always falls back on the dumbest rule in 40k: if a distance needs to be worked out to the squad in a vehicle or somesuch, then it is measure from the hull of the vehicle.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this?

I'm sure this has been done to death, but I was playing a fellow today who said that GTs and the big tournaments were ruling that the kustom force field worked from inside a vehicle. This is potentially game changing as the same logic could be applied to psychic hoods, sanguinary priests, the sanguinor, pedro kantor, etc, etc. Is there some logic I can throw at this guy to shut him up? He, like everyone in favor of shameless abuse of this concept, always falls back on the dumbest rule in 40k: if a distance needs to be worked out to the squad in a vehicle or somesuch, then it is measure from the hull of the vehicle.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this?

That is how it works. It isn't shameless abuse it is just that 40ks rules are overly simplistic if you want realism. If I have a forcefield generator then why shouldn't it work because I'm in a vehicle? As the mek isn't in a specific place the simple thing to do is just give the bonus to the vehicle (which yes can extend the bubble). Some things might not make sense when in a vehicle but again this is to keep the rules simple rather than saying X works while Y won't when both do the same thing but by different means (in the background).

So man-up deal with it and if you are able to with your list take advantage of it yourself... It isn't abuse unless he has made a custom battlewagon in a funkey shape to give a huge field of coverage.

I agree with the above. And none of your examples are good examples of why it shouldnt work that way.

Pedro/Sanguinor are just as insipring a leader to their troops inside a transport moving to close on an enemy as not.

The warp is everywhere even within Vehicles so why would psychic hoods stop working?

As for Priests think of it abit like an ambulance. The wounded can get to the vehicle and theres the priest hunkered down over a table sawing bones and applying leeches or what have.

The real question you should be asking yourself is why a magic cup = feel no pain in regards to priests. :D

The real question you should be asking yourself is why a magic cup = feel no pain in regards to priests. :D

The cup has booze in it.

Then why don't all Space Wolves units have FNP?

Except for Tyranids! Shadow in the Warp, Psychic scream and Doom of Malantai's Spirit Leech have all been FAQ'ed as NOT affecting units embarked on vehicles; even open topped ones! To the Doom, an Ork truck looks like an open salad bar, but nooooo.....

The real question you should be asking yourself is why a magic cup = feel no pain in regards to priests. :lol:

The cup has booze in it.

Then why don't all Space Wolves units have FNP?

Cause theirs has ale and ours has hard spirits. :lol:

Turns out all those powers are lightning based, they just arch to the tank and miss the guys inside.

Archived