Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion Armour Colour

Aurelius Rex

Apologies if this should be in the pre-heresy section, but I though this would be the ideal place to ask a question about the Alpha Legion.

I am currently writing the Dornian Heresy article on the Alpha Legion, and am a bit stumped over how to describe their pre-heresy armour colour. Link to the Alpha Legion article in Lexicanum. The closest approximation I can find is violet, or possibly lavender, both of which sound a little too soft to fit with tough old Astartes, and while suitably descriptive, 'bluey-purple' lacks literary poetry.

I have not noticed a description of the colour anywhere else, including the IA and 'Legion', although I may well have missed it. Can anyone help me out and suggest a 'canon' or other suitable description for their pre-heresy armour colour? :HQ:

Many thanks,

Aurelius.

Well the best description of the armor colour (sadly I have only german books ;) ) is violet.

But, the word violet is believed to come from the latin word "violaceus", which means, roughly translated:"the colour of the plant viola"

So for literary poetry "violaceus" might sound better than violet (plus it's high gothic! Yay)

Looking here , it could be described as Han Purple?
As a side-note, anything with the word 'Han' in it always gets +2000 to the coolness factor.

Personally speaking I've always thought that it was a darker shade of violet.

Heh, I noticed Han purple when I checked out the Wikipedia entry, but was concerned that a term referring to ancient China would be unlikely to be used in M41. And that it was quite obscure so that unless the reader had checked the same wiki entry they probably wouldn't know what it was. :( :)

Heh, I noticed Han purple when I checked out the Wikipedia entry, but was concerned that a term referring to ancient China would be unlikely to be used in M41. And that it was quite obscure so that unless the reader had checked the same wiki entry they probably wouldn't know what it was. :sweat: :sweat:

But a reference to Han Solo is always a good thing...

Heh, I noticed Han purple when I checked out the Wikipedia entry, but was concerned that a term referring to ancient China would be unlikely to be used in M41. And that it was quite obscure so that unless the reader had checked the same wiki entry they probably wouldn't know what it was. :lol: :D

Well then, probably Indigo is your best well-known approximation :P

The link Nihm gave won't work unless you are B&C staff, although the completed version will appear on Monday.

Thanks for all of the help on this topic. It has given me a couple of interesting options to consider. Check on Monday to see which I finally decide to go with. :)

Aurelius.

Archived