Chaos Space Marines Codex in 2011?

Dosjetka

Mmm those possessed sound delicious!
Never thought I'd see someone say this, but there it is. :)

At first glance those stats vs. cost make them appear to be undercosted, but, raise the price to 46 pts, cap the unit at 0-1 with 5-6 models, and I do believe it would be balanced - and cool as hell.

Imagine those gorgeous kits actually being fielded as full models and not only used in conversions!

Yeah 36 is undercosted but don't tell anyone...

I feel like this is the obvious solution: instead of rolling for a random "meh" power just give the the whole table. The funny thing is that from the fluff a possessed marine would have those sorts of abilities. Personally I've always felt possessed should be a 1-3 IC type thing as an elite slot. Basically a baby daemon prince. 45 is fine for that especially if they have weapons and wargear available. Then they're basically a lone wolf sort of unit.

I feel like CSM squads should work like Wolfguard or Swordbrethren or what have you and be totally customizable within limits. Three heavy/special weapons for troops, four for chosen, five for havocs and the as many combiweapons and cc upgrades as one's heart desires not counting champions gear.

Mmm those possessed sound delicious!
Never thought I'd see someone say this, but there it is. :)

At first glance those stats vs. cost make them appear to be undercosted, but, raise the price to 46 pts, cap the unit at 0-1 with 5-6 models, and I do believe it would be balanced - and cool as hell.

Imagine those gorgeous kits actually being fielded as full models and not only used in conversions!

I dust mine off and use them every now and again still, the new sprue is just too gribbly and freaky to not show them off.

I run mine all the time. They're a points sink, but I love to have them on the table, even if they've never pulled their points out for me. They look awesome. If I have my Word Bearers on the table, I feel obligated to include them.

Anything to help the beleaguered Possessed....

If you're lucky GW might do an overhaul FAQ thing or a PDF like they've done with the loyalist Marines who got abused...

Possessed are an easy fix if they even bothered:

36 points a model

Fearless

Power Weapons

Feel No Pain

Furious Charge

Fleet

Rending

All the current options and

Dun Dun Dun Wings for +10 points.

Look mommy the best assault unit in the list... as one would infer they were meant to be... Vanguard meet Legion of the Damned meet Death Company! ;)

I wouldn't expect a physical new codex for years and the 6th edition.

Like it.

Archived