Storm Raven and Dreadnought

Marshal Wilhelm

Hail brethren,

On BoLS, Black Orange has written an article on Bloods and mentioned popping smoke on the Dread whilst it was mounted aboard the SR, say on T1, so that should the SR go down, the Dread will be covered against subsequent shooting.

I haven't thought about this before and am happy to play it either way [can or cannot] as long as it is RAW.

Does anyone know if this is a by-the-book rule, to be able to pop smoke whilst a passenger?

I am not fully sure myself I admit freely, but:

Basically the DN is onboard the Stormraven, it is not opentopped so I would say it can't do anything. Else someone might the idea to cover the reararc of the Stormraven with a shooting dreadnought. B)

Basically the DN is onboard the Stormraven, it is not opentopped so I would say it can't do anything. Else someone might the idea to cover the reararc of the Stormraven with a shooting dreadnought. B)

Exactly, if it can pop smoke then what's to stop it from firing from the craft while being carried around.

Because the Storm Raven hs no Fire points.

So it can't shoot.

It doesn't need ot be physically attached to the SR when transported, so you couldn't use it to block LoS to it.

I can't think of any reason why it can't use it's Smokes while being transported. But the Smokes wouldn't effect the SR in any way.

Maybe I'm just basing this off the kit-bashed versions I've seen where the Dread is attached the back. The dread is attached to the rear-grapples which from the sounds of it places it outside where fire points wouldn't matter, not that I'd allow someone to fire their Dread being carried by a Storm Raven. I don't think there is enough in the rules to say what is going on with the Dread although personally I'd say it's inactive until dropped off although as mentioned there is nothing rules-wise to indicate either way.

Basically the DN is onboard the Stormraven, it is not opentopped so I would say it can't do anything. Else someone might the idea to cover the reararc of the Stormraven with a shooting dreadnought. <_<

Exactly, if it can pop smoke then what's to stop it from firing from the craft while being carried around.

Popping smoke isnt a shooting attack, so why is this even coming up?

Being in a moving transport counts as moving. Thus, you can pop smoke after your transport vehicle has moved.

I dont see the issue.

Maybe I'm just basing this off the kit-bashed versions I've seen where the Dread is attached the back. The dread is attached to the rear-grapples which from the sounds of it places it outside where fire points wouldn't matter, not that I'd allow someone to fire their Dread being carried by a Storm Raven. I don't think there is enough in the rules to say what is going on with the Dread although personally I'd say it's inactive until dropped off although as mentioned there is nothing rules-wise to indicate either way.

Nothing about that changes the rules for being transported.

If you want to go that far, how about putting your minis on top of an open topped transport, and if there's enough of them, and they're large enough, trying to claim a cover save for the vehicle from them?

Or how about letting your opponent shoot your exposed Dreadnought/minis in an open topped vehicle in return?

The rules for being transported are clear. How you choose to physically display (or not) transportation doesn't effect it.

Archived