Possessed land raider

Been thinking over a chaos land raider conversion for quite some time. Finally got all the parts together and ran in to a major problem. The thought was to have demonettes in all the gun mounts to represent demonic possession. The problem is the demonettes just don't work as sponson gunners. My current thought process is to take the las cannon barrels and attach them directly to the arms or to set up a gunners base of the back of the sponson. The hull twin linked heavy bolter will work well with the guns attached to the arms. I think i need to find smaller las cannons to use but only have predator on on hand and they are to big also. Any ideas on what might look better or aztcually look like it belongs together without loosing the demonette in the guns?

I like the thought, But i think it would work better if you cut off the daemon's legs and had her "half emerging" from the sponson, at the moment it looks likes she's hitching a ride..

I thought the same as soon as i saw the model

I agree that it'd probably look more "flowing" is she's attached to the hull, rather than just standing on it. I'd also consider butting the heavy bolters more on her elbows / a bit down her forearms, as right now they look a little "stuck on". Since it's such a thin model it looks a little to bulky to be vielded that way.

Great idea though and I can't wait to see what you do with the sponsons ^_^

A thought might be to make the sposon like a "throne" where the daemonette sits with the lascannons somehow attached. You don't have to attach them to her arms, but you could make her so that she's merged with the tank just below the chest / upper stomach, with her arms going straight down into the "throne" and then have the lascannons attached to that. If you get my idea ;)

Cheers!

The hull gunner is going to be chained to the mount from the back of the neck and both sides of the waist, as soon as she is painted. Thanks for the advice on the sponson gunners Alexander Fogh Pedersen, it looks alot better that way Atm just got to find the right arms to make it work. Pic will be coming soon.

I'd say use some GS, and have it look like she's ephemerally appearing from a Slaaneshi mist, taking up the Heavy Bolters as she's emerging, sort of like a hellish version of a stripper in a bachelor party cake.

The problem is the daemoneetes look very much like they were stuck on. Some small chains binding them will help a lot, but also a bit more integration into the land raider itself. Greenstiff flowing from the ehavy bolters into the arm mroe seamlessly would be nice, maybe with the pattern on the arm shell/armour of the deamonette carrying up the body of the weapon? The ladies on the sposon mounts look pretty good, just be extra sadistitc with the chains binding them ;) The one with the turned head just begs for chains around her neck leading to the main hull of the raider. Maybe have a throne on top with a chaos-lord holding the chains like a set of reigns?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived