Sergeant Haze

Vulkan454

Here is my recently finished raptors terminator sergeant:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/SpiritDragonalliance/Raptors%203rd%20Company/IMG_3144.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/SpiritDragonalliance/Raptors%203rd%20Company/IMG_3145.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/SpiritDragonalliance/Raptors%203rd%20Company/IMG_3146.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/SpiritDragonalliance/Raptors%203rd%20Company/IMG_3148.jpg

He is only my second highlight marine (first is a grey knight given to Justicar Cirekon) so don't be to harsh. But I am proud of the blade and the face. C&C welcome.

Vulkan

EDIT: Sorry double post. The first time i tried to post it an error occured but apparently it still posted. But please just comment on the post above.

The face looks nice and I like the green. Well done!

If you thin the paint for the highlight a bit more it will be easier to get a consistent thickness in the line. Keep at it and don't worry about messing something up, you can always go back with your base color to clean the lines up, if necessary.

Now let us see the rest of the squad painted like that. :)

Yaa! Old Raptors DarkGreen scheme! :)

The highlights look fine, and I like how you've used red markings to break up the green. Would You mind sharing the way you painted that Sword? I need to find a way to paint lightning claws on my Deathwing, and this look very nice...

The only thing I can see that isn't that good is the loin cloth (or whatever it is), The highlights on it look a bit chunky. A Wash would probably fix this.

:tu:

Thanks to all of you for the comments.

@Durus: I'll try to water down my paints next time it highlight but they just seem to turn into washes when I do. I will try to paint the rest of the guys but I am preoccupied wit the LPC at the moment.

@Nihm: I should start removing mold lines shouldn't I, I will on my next models. He does have washes everywhere. Thraka Green for the armour, badab for metals and red, delvan mud for the purity seals and face. My camera is pretty bad though so it has sort of removed them.

@Zincite: The sword is quite easy:

1) Paint it black

2) Use mechrite red to put on the thick likes.

3) The add macharius solar orange orange of top of them.

4) Finally put thine lines of skull white on top of the orange (I sort of failed at this bit)

Hope this helps. Yep the loin cloth things is done terribly but the paint was already quite think from the spray sadly. I'll out on some more badab black as you say though.

Thanks again for the comments guys it means a lot.

Vulkan

My camera is pretty bad though so it has sort of removed them.

I know what you mean. IMO I have some great models but my camera just doesn't do them justice and always seems to show my mistakes.

I recommend giving the skin some more color. As of now it looks pretty pale and in need of more "life", though it has some nice definition so far. I usually just paint certain areas with a diluted red.

Thanks again guys.

@Nihm: Yes I have to use flash but I put a tissue in front of the flash bit to stop it glaring to badly. It's pretty dark here in Scotland when I get home as well.

@Zynk: Great tip there, i'll have to try using the watered down red and then I might put on another brown wash. But i agree he does look a bit dead and zombie-like at the moment.

@Race: Simple: Catachan green, wash with thraka green highlight with camo green.

@Thank you. I still need to play fire warrior, it sounds awesome IMO for an old game, but they're not scary at all (Unless like in FW your their enemy....)

Archived