Fleet and Terminators

captain sox

Just wondering, since Relentless is all but useless with Assault Terminators, can they use the Fleet USR? For example, if Shrike is the Captain of your army and he grants Fleet to all units, can the Terminators use it too?

Very curious about this one.

How is it useless? The ability to fire combiweapons, heavyweapons, et al at full effect on the move is pretty potent. Assaulting afterwords is even better.

And yes- they can fleet. Nothing in either rule precludes the other. The only thing they cant do is sweeping advance, as per the TDA rules.

@ grey Mage i think the point being made is that assault terminators have no access to range weapons and do the 'Relentless' USR granted by terminator armour has no impact on them.

To the OP as grey Mage has said there are only two restrictions placed on models in terminator armour.

1) they cannot sweeping advance

2) they cannot be transported in certain vehicles.

Other than that no restrictions are placed on them so feel free to use the Fleet rule should you take Shrike.

Pedantic Alert

Running and Fleet are two different rules.

All terminators can Run (move a extra D6 instead of firing, may not assault.)

Some Terminators can gain Fleet, from Shrike as per the example. ( this grants no movement but does allow assault after Running.)

@ grey Mage i think the point being made is that assault terminators have no access to range weapons and do the 'Relentless' USR granted by terminator armour has no impact on them.

Noted- but there are other squads- like the Deathwing and Wolfgaurd- who can mix the two freely. Not to mention a well equiped character in TDA.....

Though I admit to being thrown on how relentless and fleet were even related in this case.

Archived