Molloch's Librarium Challenge Thread:

Molloch

Hi all,

So armed with a Predator kit, half a Baal predator turret frame and a leftover Ryza-pattern plasma cannon courtesy of a friend I set about one-third of my Librarium Challenge thread. I don;t yet have a name for this bad boy so suggestions are welcome :P

I started with the basic Rhino assembly, with the addition of an old Forge World Predator reinforced Armour kit that I found in my bits box. This is fairly basic and uninteresting; suffice to say that with plastic weld and a good craft knife i whizzed through it:

gallery_56371_5485_913990.jpg

The turret was the main challenge:

gallery_56371_5485_979031.jpg

I began with the basic top/bottom assembly which left a chunk missing from the weapon mount.

I glued the plasma cannon in place and then hacked all the extra bits out of the Baal predator gunshield to allow it to fit snugly

over the top. The Flamer fuel tanks from the Baal turret sprue work rather well I think:

gallery_56371_5485_766497.jpg

here's a closeup of the cannon assembly underneath the gunshield:

gallery_56371_5485_1183508.jpg

Next up will be sponsons and hatches...

stay tuned, and your comments are welcome ;)

Thanks guys :)

Ramell - I did think Predator Executioner, i guess that will be the working title.

I'm currently looking at sponsons and what options I should give it. I quite like the idea of Assault Cannon sponsons...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

An update! woo-hoo! I have almost finished the shooty Terminators mentioned in my vow, and the Predator Executioner is coming along nicely. Termies first... This is Terminator Squad Zelaos, veterans of the bloody fleet action against the Lamenters Chapter at Optera:

gallery_56371_5485_1488150.jpg

Sergeant Zelaos bears an ornate power sword taken from the wounded Lamenters Veteran Sergeant Imano, one of the few survivors of the Minotaur's assault on the barque Mater Lacrymarum (here's a close-up):

gallery_56371_5485_1165894.jpg

I've tried to theme the squad around advancing and supporting demi-squads:

gallery_56371_5485_746221.jpg

Zelaos himself leads the advancing demi-squad, with a heavy flamer as a suitably in-your-face support weapons, while Brother Thoulos (pointing) leads the supporting demi-squad:

gallery_56371_5485_1016105.jpg

There's still some detailing needed on these chaps, and they haven't yet been based, but they're getting there.

Now on to the Predator. Firstly, some rules/background:

The Predator Executioner, like many semi-approved variations of standard-patter designs fielded by the Astartes, is believed to be a field modification made in extremis.

The Minotaurs Chapter, darkly famed for their brutality, are believed to have created this pattern of Predator during the bloody sieges of the Badab War, retrofitting captured Lamenters Baal Predators to better suit the devastating sieges and bloody close-quarters conflicts that the Chapter fought at the time.

Replacing the standard Predator armament with a potent Plasma Executioner cannon, and mounting Assault Cannon sponson weaponry in place of the Mechanicus-approved Heavy Bolters or Lascannons, the Predator Executioner presents a terrifying array of firepower capable of eliminating heavy infantry and light vehicles at short to medium range.

Add the following options to the Predator entry on page 143 of Codex Space Marines:

May replace autocannon with one of the following:

twin-linked lascannon: +45pts

plasma executioner +50pts

May take side sponsons with:

heavy bolters +25pts

assault cannons +60pts

lascannons +60pts

Plasma Executioner

Range: 36'' Str. 6 AP.4 Heavy 3, Blast

All other options remain unchanged. the one I have built would work out at 195 points including extra armour and a hunter-killer missile.

And here it is - basecoated only, but you can see that I've added sponsons and finished off the turret since the last images:

gallery_56371_5485_916643.jpg

and a close-up of the sponson:

gallery_56371_5485_1861206.jpg

I slice-and-diced the turret twin-linked assault cannons from the Baal Predator onto the heavy bolter sponson mount, trimming off a large amount of heavy bolter housing in the process to get the darn thing to fit right. Thankfully the cowling disguises most of this.

Comments and Critique are most welcome :)

That is one vicious looking tank B) . Hmm...Pred. Eradicator, Expunger, Eliminator, Violator, Eviscerator, Extinguisher....

Or more likely the Predator - "Holy crap run!"

Executioner just sounds weird given the Badab's War involvement of the..erm..Executioners :) Kinda odd to name your new tank after the enemy.

As for the Terminators, everything looks wicked, except the barrels need a good drilling. Is there a certain feel to the Minotaurs that can be captured on the miniatures? All I know about them is something like a reputation for excessive force (which the tank seems to manifest splendidly).

That is one vicious looking tank B) . Hmm...Pred. Eradicator, Expunger, Eliminator, Violator, Eviscerator, Extinguisher....

Or more likely the Predator - "Holy crap run!"

Executioner just sounds weird given the Badab's War involvement of the..erm..Executioners :) Kinda odd to name your new tank after the enemy.

:( thanks. It's named after the gun rather than the Chapter (Leman Russ Executioner, for example)... but yeah I take your point. I could go for the Predator TFU i guess... any votes on another name?

As for the Terminators, everything looks wicked, except the barrels need a good drilling. Is there a certain feel to the Minotaurs that can be captured on the miniatures? All I know about them is something like a reputation for excessive force (which the tank seems to manifest splendidly).

Yeah I drill barrels last of all, fear not brother! They are essentially just brutal, moody Space Marine badasses. The colour scheme in IA10 has the bronze darker with more verdigris but i've had my army for years and they only recently became Minotaurs (having spent a long times as "Yeah they're my own Chapter. No, I haven't thought of a name yet") so I'm sticking to my own gold recipie rather than trying to retrospectively re-do a full battle company...

Likee likee likee!!....Especially the Pred executioner!!....Been looking into doing the same but with a turret from FW.

Nice work...keep it coming!!

fOOk do i like the Pred!!

:P

Thanks B) the plasma cannon is from the Ryza pattern Executioner turret courtsey of a friend's bits box (woo-hoo!) and i've used the FW extra Armour to give it a bit more beefiness

very nice conversions and paintjob :rolleyes:

i love the small details, e.g. the honour rolls on the termies :lol:

but i would strongly advise to drill out your weapon muzzles! apparently you did it for some, but not all of them and it looks way better when drilled out...

Archived