Feel No Pain

Malleuss

First, forgive if this has been answered a ton, but I "Feel No Pain" violates the search rules here.

Do units hit with a weapon that denies that unit a save get FnP?

For instance, gaunts or wyches hit with Bolter fire. Bolters don't grant them a save, do they still get FnP?

I think the last paragraph of the rule is annoying and leaves a bit too much to interpretation but I am looking for the way most of you play it. I just want to play it the way most folk do.

Thanks!

Example for Blood Angels- you get no armor saves vs hot-shot lasguns, but you do get feel no pain.

Other examples that make this very clear include Plaguebearers, who dont even have an armor save but DO have FNP.

Aye, just because the armour penetration (AP) value of a weapon defeats a model's armour doesn't mean it's necessarily a 'no armour save allowed' attack thereby defeating it's FnP special rule.

krak missiles against plague marines, its very irritating i tell thee

I thought you couldnt get a FnP save from anything that would be instant death, so a normal marine T4 doesnt get a FnP from a Lascannon S9, also AP1 and 2 negate FnP. Or have I been reading it wrong??

no your right, but a plague marine is T5 so a S8 krak missle with AP3 doesnt negate his FNP

Archived