Companies

KingdomCold

As I build my Night Lords army, I'm slowly naming all of my models, helps me bring them to life in my mind :P

But a question I want to ask is about companies. For example, how many companies would the Night Lord legion have?

Could I just make up a number? Say 16th Company?

Also, are squads in Night Lords always called claws? Or is that just personal to "10th"?

Thank you

Great Crusade or Post-Heresy?

Remember that at the time of the Crusade most Legions could muster 50,000 Astartes - conservatively - and it has been demonstrated that they, in a few Legions at least, subscribed to the idea of Chapters as a thousand Marines.

EDIT: Because I typed "Companies" nstead of "Chapters" *d'oh*

If the Night Lords used the basic Grand Company/Chapter structure that means they would have had at least about 100 Companies (assuming a Legion size of 10,000, or 1,000 companies, assuming a Legion size of 100,000). However, I think Legions would probably not have numbered their companies from 1 to 100 and instead would have denoted them by Grand Company or Chapter.

I.e. it would be "3rd Chapter, 5th Company" instead of "25th Company".

If the Night Lords used the basic Grand Company/Chapter structure that means they would have had at least about 100 Companies (assuming a Legion size of 10,000, or 1,000 companies, assuming a Legion size of 100,000). However, I think Legions would probably not have numbered their companies from 1 to 100 and instead would have denoted them by Grand Company or Chapter.

I.e. it would be "3rd Chapter, 5th Company" instead of "25th Company".

I started a thread in the Horus Heresy section about it. A-D-B said they used Chapters purely as an organizational thing, but not as a battlefield unit at all. In fact in Soul Hunter a 12th and 11th Companies show up.

Archived