{ARTWORK} Death before dishonor

Mr. Nipples

I've been thinking of possibly bulkin up his head a bit...who knows will see once I get it all done.

try to do a quick "mock up" in say paint. just resizeing diffrent parts (in this case i would try head and/or hand) and see if it overall looks better... thats what i personally do when in doubt of stuff like that:p i would do that in the sketch phase. though... but i think it would be worth a try

Looks like another win to me. The one awkward spot I can see is the small of his back and the vents of the powerplant poking out from there. Seems the back is too thick or the PP is pressed strangely flush against a round surface. I dunno, it's still bonkers <_<

I sized up the head

I'd make it 15% bigger again. At that size you could probably just justify an unhelmeted head, but not a helmeted one.

I also agree with Firepower on the power plant, maybe cut the lower one back?

Just my opinions, do with or not as you will.

EDIT: Here is a quick sloppy edit of your latest image to show what I'm suggesting:

gallery_20677_2301_222339.jpg

I agree with Firepower and Heru about the head size. Another thing I have beef with is that tiny bolt pistol. The shells look to be about the size of my pinky and the muzzle is quite dinky in relation to the fact that bolt weapons supposedly fire coke can sized rounds. However, I really do appreciate your attention to detail as always and the coloring is absolutely top notch. The wounds to the abdomen area look very realistic. Add that to the fact that the banner and loincloth actually look like they're made out of fabric, and we've got one hell of a drawing here! Besides the obvious Astartes in question here, my favorite part of this is the atmosphere in which our hero is surrounded. The flames and flickering ash are very well done. If I can make a suggestion, have you thought of adding some sort of decoration to the top of the banner? Even as something as simple as some roman numerals, a skull, or even the Imperial Aquila? I think it could improve it, as it does seem a bit bare at the moment. Either way, just awesome, awesome work! :rolleyes:

Archived