2011 LPC WIPs

Khiros

So here's the first update for my LPC vow. Its the PF on one of the honor guard that will accompany my Chapter Master.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/1/11/172353_sm-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/1/11/172351_sm-.JPG

The rest of the honor guard have had their helmets added to the bodies, but are otherwise unchanged. Still deciding on how to arm them.

I'm thinking of just using my SG jump packs for my Honor Guard, since they're going to have JP's anyways. Any thoughts? Don't really have the money to spend on an assault squad just for the JP's.

If the fist is the same standard and recipe that you'll use for the rest of these lads, this is going to look fantastic!

And as to that red - what recipe is that? I'd dearly like to copy it.

I won't actually be using the red as my color scheme for these guys. It will basically be an accent color, used on weapons or other accessories. Sort of like these guys leave the original color as a tribute to their progenitor chapters.

As for the red, I started out with a basecoat of Mechrite Red, followed by Red Gore. Following that, I washed it with Badab Black in the recesses, and Devlan Mud on the rest. After that, I mixed Blazing Orange and Red Gore for the line highlights, washed it with Devlan Mud, then went back with a watered down layer of Blazing Orange and Red Gore again.

Forget the red! That black is dope!

How do you get your black looking like that? And on top of that, do you do additional highlights?

Thanks,

Malev

Here's how I do it. As for additional highlights, I go back with Fortress Grey or Astronomicon Gray (depending on which final color I used) and pick out any raised details as well as line highlighting on the upper edges.

Archived