DIY Chapter Techmarine

Brother Cambrius

Well after much feasting and celebrations (and worrying over examinations) I'm back in Aberystwyth and can finally upload images again! :) I didn't get much chance to paint over the festive season sadly, but I did manage to paint a Techmarine form scratch over a two day period (approximately 6 hours cumulatively spent painting). So without further ado, Brother Techmarine Sidius Alluvon!

gallery_26154_2055_2294425.jpg

gallery_26154_2055_2294433.jpg

gallery_26154_2055_2294681.jpg

gallery_26154_2055_2294689.jpg

Comments/critique appreciated. Sadly the red's depth hasn't come out well nor his face's details, but I might take newer pics to adjust this. That's all for now, time to pore over many books and journals...

Cambrius

Cool, was thinking of getting one of those :)

Thanks Torch. :) It is very sweet model that just screamns badass AdMech to me. Very detailed model to play with too.

Nice work dude. The red armour imparticular is very nice.

I noticed that the purity seals don't have any script on them, though. Might be intentional, but i thought i'd point it out incase you'd forgot, hah.

Thankyou MagicMan, I'm surprised the red looks good form the pics, it's a lot deeper off camera as I used a mix of baal red and gryphonne sepia washes to make the armour look darker and more used. Yeah leaving alone was intentional, when I find my thin detail brush I might add some text to it.

looks great cam.

my favourate GW model, such a great model done it justice :)

Thankyou sword brethren. Not my personal favourite model, but I do love it a lot simply for its as mentioned above, badass looks. :P

Cambrius

Archived