Custom Space Hulk

Bammie-Cammie

I've seen the rules for space hulk and recently bought the game online. I basically figured, since none of my friends play any miniature games (they really don't have the patience) and yet love board games that Space Hulk might be the answer. The rules just seemed so much easier to learn compared to the encyclopedia that is the warhammer 40k rule book.

I've started by making 5 man squads of various models and the idea is to play space Hulk scenarios where teams could have conflict between each other aswell as trying to fend off genestealers. Might be an idea to have team based games where players fight genestealers together.

Models have been designed to look different from one another but I was probably going to make all teams regardless of size etc have the same stats and rolls, the only thing I have to figure out is good scenarios, I guess I can edit a few from the mission book.

So far I have these as extras in addition to the Space Hulk 2009 boxed set.

(all 5 man squads)

terminator squad - includes sergeant, heavy flamer , searching through bits box for an assault cannon.

Scout squad - includes sergeant with pistol and ccw. 1 with heavy bolter (use as assault cannon) and 1 with flamer (counts as heavy flamer for the sake of even teams)

I see some missions require 1 sergeant and 4 storm bolter terminators, so I have an old nurgle terminator squad which I think would look great in the hulk. This is a sergeant and 4 storm bolter squad.

1 more terminator squad With flamer and assault cannon should make this good, I want to get a strong 4 player game on the go.

I have a feeling this has been done several times in the past but wanted to see if anyone here had experiences with 4 players (or more) in Space Hulk.

Also what's thoughts and feelings on this? I would like to do this right.

The PCRC have made a couple of expansions, which include numerous new playtested and nicely-present missions. Feel free to try 'em out :lol:

Deathwing

Recounting the epic tale of Cloud Runner and Two Heads Talking.

Heroes of Ultramar

The Ultramarine First Company's heroic but doomed defense of the Polar Defence Fortresses.

Thanks! These are useful refferences as I vaguely know the game. I learned a lot of the rules from 40k, took a while.

The teams are on their way. One sqaud painted is the oldskool plastic terminators. They're standing next to my big current edition converted plague terminators. Just not as impressive *sigh*, I guess those little terminators, so simple compared to the other miniatures will be like the team chosen by the person that went to the bathroom during game set up.

But yeah, needed the painting practice, I based them on a design I'd seen on google with orange armour and blue helmet/pads.

Will get some stuff uploaded soon.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/ibanez_freak/Nurgleterminators018.jpg

If you have quite a bit of spare cash to splash out, and make the game extra impressive, I'd suggest getting these. They're kind of complicated and you need a bit of experience in casting, but they look great and there's also an accessory set sold on the site to spice up games with cover and the like.

Hirst Arts Space Hulk Corridors

Aw man that's sweet, but I've blown most money. Been ebaying for cheap models (the scouts I got were £5 plastic, squad of 5) but those scouts had a little too much spray paint on some parts (Skulls eyes filled in, no fingers on some...). Luckily I was chopping them up anyway, giving some space marine helmets, changed the sergeants gun which was a bolter with a hand on it for a bolt pistol.

Ebay...

So far I would have up to 3 teams of 5 being 4xstormbolters + Sergeant.

I will have only two that include Flamer/assault cannon.

I'll play a few games and see how they go with 3 teams full of stormbolters. See how the rules run and so on.

The scout squad is coming along and my old skool orange terms are almost done.

I guess it's team green, team orange, team blood angel, team death guard.

DarkLink

I'll consider that eventually, as that looks like a great thing to play space hulk on! By the way, just seeing you're from Scotland, it's been ages since I have been in an actual Gamesworkshop, do they have nights for SpaceHulk or anything?

Perhaps I'll join a big Saturday battle soon, I'm sure they still do those!

I think they might do in the Glasgow one, on the Thursday Over 16's Nights - I've never been along to find out personally. I'd give them a wee phone and see if they can arrange a game for the Over 16's nights.

And of course they do the big Saturday battles, that's the main attraction. It's also easily worth going along to the special events they run during the summer and other holidays - indeed my first major event battle had one of the best moments I've ever seen in my life happen (on this page here, third from the bottom of the entire page :D). The last entry on that page was also me - damned Orks :D

Archived