Keeping the flame burning

Pig Of Sparta

Salutations Bretheren! I thought I would mark my return to this finest of forums by showing off the mini that has been helping me remain sane for the last few weeks....

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/IMGP0713.jpg

I know that I've missed most of the Space Hulk love by now, but opening a box and re-discovering this mini was one of the best things that happened to me in December. Still quite a lot of work to do on the red and black armour but I'm happy with most of the details now although the cables and throne are still to be highlighted.

Anyway, comments and criticism will be most appreciated.... and as an aside, it feels good to be back here

thanks

James

If that was my painting skills I'd call it quits right now since it looks good :P Knowing you it'd get a heck of a lot better since well you outdo mine quite easily :)

Aside from that, welcome back and keep going with this one :)

Hey pig of sparta!

Sounds like you've been having a rough time of it lately! I know i've used this hobby to help me through tough times, its like my therapy!

ANyway great job on him! Ive jsut opened my space hulk box but at this rate its a 2012 project!

Thanks for all the replies. In a nutshell, so as to avoid straying too far off topic:

On 18th November last year I split up from my ex-partner and made myself homeless as I couldn't stay in 'our' home because I didn't want my kids to have to put up with to much messy-ness. I spent the next two weeks living out of a hold all, travelling to work by bus... basically it wasn't a fun time and my employer was about as sympathetic as a Khorne would be with a Blood Thirster who'd bought him a magic wand for his birthday (even if it was only for a laugh).

During those two weeks I managed to find an extortionately priced bedsit to stay in and while unpacking some boxes came across this mini. I started painting it around about 6-9 months ago I think, but upon seeing it I decided to keep going. Working on it on and off over the past month and a bit has really helped me to 'chill out' and not go crazy about my situation :lol:. It has also allowed me to try a couple of new ideas and has helped me keep my brush skills sharp(ish).

Anyway, new year.... new me I guess :P

Back on topic, glad he's liked. I might actually get around to finishing him this year.

cheers

James

Archived