Shadow Captain Shrike

Grendelsbane

Fleet is granted via the Chapter Tactices rule on Shrike. Chapter tactics operates by exchanging the combat tactics rule. As such your allies will not gain fleet because they do not have combat tactics. Similarly your dreads, even the ones from Codex: Space Marines will also not have fleet. Your bikers will though, but they wont be able to use it because bikers cant run.

And just to wrap things up, if your unit/IC with Combat tactics joins a unit/IC without it, the unit with fleet looses the special rule, as fleet is one of the rules lost if a unit/IC without it joins them. Similar to scout or infiltrate.

Ie, Shrike joins a grey knight termie squad, they can both run, but they cannot fleet. Shrike will but only if he leaves the termie unit.

i have to ask buit whats this fascination with shrike and termies.. its a terrible, terrible combo.. if your using GKT use khan instead.

I can't speak for anybody else, but its the fact that GKT strike at their initiative with their nifty nemesis force weapons. They will probably hit first against or at least at the same time as other terminators, but will only need a low roll to wound. Plus, they just look cool! If I could have got them into close combat with fleet all the better...but I guess thats a no go.

i have to ask buit whats this fascination with shrike and termies.. its a terrible, terrible combo.. if your using GKT use khan instead.

I can't speak for anybody else, but its the fact that GKT strike at their initiative with their nifty nemesis force weapons. They will probably hit first against or at least at the same time as other terminators, but will only need a low roll to wound. Plus, they just look cool! If I could have got them into close combat with fleet all the better...but I guess thats a no go.

i get that GKT are cool, and are very tough, but its the combo of them and shrike which confuses me, they are still just termies after all.. this means no first turn assaults or fleet which is why you take shrike in the first place.. honestly stick them with Khan in a LR and not only will they strike at initiative but their intiative will be 5 and thier strength 7

Common misconception is that you can get the first turn assault with terminators, if you infiltrate into a building 12" away, and then "disembark" it, move, run, assault.

Although as Shrike is jump infantry, he cannot infiltrate in a building. 12" in to cover also doesn't work, as it specifically says no enemy unit can draw line of sight or a building.

The main reason people infiltrate them together is for the psycological effect of termies that close, and hope you will waste all your firepower on them, or ignore them and they will smash through you. Although a competent opponent will be still be able to prioritise targets or simply move away...

Personally I'd love that to happen, as you can focus your short ranged firepower on them while your missile launchers and stuff hits targets further away. Gives your tact squads something to do to pass the time.

The main reason people infiltrate them together is for the psycological effect of termies that close, and hope you will waste all your firepower on them, or ignore them and they will smash through you. Although a competent opponent will be still be able to prioritise targets or simply move away...

unless your running ten its a big waste, as you say you hope to find someone that stupid :D

Archived