More Dread Sprue Pics

Morticon

Mo ha ha.. Looks like my recent Dreadnought parts buying spree has payed off (enough to make 2 extra Dreads with the spare parts from this kit). Getting 4 arm weapons in this kit means I only have 2 more arms to buy. One down side is it looks like you only get 2 sets of shin guards...

The smaller pieces all the way down, far left seems to go onto the dread's crotch area. There's one for each flavour and another one without any icons.
Seems a bit strange and there is another one on the first sprue.

Looking forward to this kit now.

Well GW wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for April now would they?

The talons look sweet. Pretty miffed the DC head is molded into the face plate. What a wonderfullly thoughtful idea. :)

Great pics, I am thinking either an exacto with lots of light cuts or a jeweler's saw and you could seperate these pretty easy. Then do some mix and match. And removing icons would be a simple matter of running an exacto flat against them or using a file. By making it plastic they made it really easy to remove. Trying to remove massed iconography from a metal mini is a true pain. But on point, these are going to be fantastic to work with.

It appears that the small points next to the librarian head on the sprue, are part of the magna-grapple, it may work like a mini dread fist that penetrates the armor of the vehicle, than the claws expand and hook onto the back side of the armor, allowing the dread to retract and pull the veichle into range, almost like a grappling hook.

It appears that the small points next to the librarian head on the sprue, are part of the magna-grapple, it may work like a mini dread fist that penetrates the armor of the vehicle, than the claws expand and hook onto the back side of the armor, allowing the dread to retract and pull the veichle into range, almost like a grappling hook.

The only parts I can see next to the Librarian's head are two Crux Terminatus ornaments and a couple of Blood Fist fingers.

The magna grapple parts are:

The roof plate shown next two the regular roof plate. You can see it has two cable winches on it.

The plate and two round pieces on the bottom of the sprue shown in picture number 5.

And that's it, no more parts involved as far as I can tell.

So far, it looks like am amazing kit. That is, other than the Cannon looking a little too similar to a Heavy Bolter. Not that bif of a fan of the Force Weapon arm, although the weapon itself was EXACTLY what I imagined and wanted. In lieu of using the housing which comes with this kit, I want to use the Venerable Power Fist arm holding the weapon. Regardless, curse you, GW, for making me want to buy more of this kit than I wanted. I already have a DC dread, but these new DC pieces are downright amazing!

Regardless, curse you, GW, for making me want to buy more of this kit than I wanted.

This was the first thing I thought as well when I saw the sprue pics. When the new kit was first announced I thought I'd buy 2 and an extra right CCW. Using the extra ccw to convert my rifleman dread into a DC dread and bulid the 2 kits as furisos with one pulling double duty as the libby (if fielded) but with the awesomeness of the kit I'll now need 3 and the extra right CCW.

Add in the 2 SRs I'm planning on buying February is gonna be expensive.

Archived