Malakim Phoros

mega_marines

So what does everyone think of my Malakim Phoros conversion? He's the Chapter Master of the Lamenters, according to Imperial Armor Volume Nine: Badab War Part 1. I even made his model as close as I could to his rules and description. As mentioned before, his armor will be painted gold according to his background and such.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/phpnPpQ12PM.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/phpJLIXoSPM.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/phpExQZhLPM.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/php6NQxYTPM.jpg

Parts are:

1.Gabriel Seth

2. Empire Pistolier Head

3 Grey Knight Terminator Blade

4. Sanguinary Guard Melta Pistol

5. Drop Pod Imperial Eagle x2

6. Black Templar MK IV Helmet

7. Tactical Squad Purity Seal

The model still need a little more cleaning up before I prime him, but what do you all think?

-Matt :)

Great model there mega_marines, the head gives it an overall very nice sense of movement and adds a certain grace.

There is one thing I'll comment on though -

I'm always one to advocate the use of shoulder/backpack mounted weapons but the melta pistol attached to the backpack, well, it looks 'attached' and not an actual functioning side arm, as in it looks like it can only fire that one way. The thing I'd suggest is to add some kind of small swivel/cog to the base of the weapon - I know that'd probably be a pain to do now though!

Other than that, like I said it looks great! :lol:

Yours in Honour and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

About the base, I meant something like a small cliff, a little raised, would do wonders. Since he is an HQ, popping up a bit over your regular guys is just nice on the table, and also makes the model himself a bit more dynamic. In my world, heroes always charge down cool cliffs or stuff like that. They never fight on regular ground :unsure:

- Natanael

Great model there mega_marines, the head gives it an overall very nice sense of movement and adds a certain grace.

There is one thing I'll comment on though -

I'm always one to advocate the use of shoulder/backpack mounted weapons but the melta pistol attached to the backpack, well, it looks 'attached' and not an actual functioning side arm, as in it looks like it can only fire that one way. The thing I'd suggest is to add some kind of small swivel/cog to the base of the weapon - I know that'd probably be a pain to do now though!

Other than that, like I said it looks great! ;)

Yours in Honour and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from here. I'm at a loss on how I would model that though. :(

I say dope!

Well done sir!

Roighteous!

About the base, I meant something like a small cliff, a little raised, would do wonders. Since he is an HQ, popping up a bit over your regular guys is just nice on the table, and also makes the model himself a bit more dynamic. In my world, heroes always charge down cool cliffs or stuff like that. They never fight on regular ground ;)

- Natanael

Perhaps a little bit of slate for him to stand on would do the trick?

Seth's chainsword is big ... this sword is ludicrously big. I think it over-balances the model. Not knowing his rules I may be wrong. Keep it anyway because it still looks good :P

Hah, true, it is a large blade. I felt since the pose carries the weight and fluidity of moving a heavy weapon, I decided to use the Grey Knight blade. Without going into too much detail, his weapon is said to be a "Large Glaive Encarmine", and nothing says that like his sword.

Plus, if my opponent is uncomfortable with me using his ForgeWorld rules, and I'm in one of my moods where I'd like to use the Blood Angels codex(They have the ability to switch back from the BA book to the SM book), I'll make him my Count-A Tycho. He fits the profile and gear accordingly, and Dead Mans Hand is already sufficiently similar in how thi blade would act. :P

I suggest putting him on a Terminator size base (I do it with all my characters), it gives you room to make the base a bit more special to go with what is supposed to be a centre piece character.

I suggest putting him on a Terminator size base (I do it with all my characters), it gives you room to make the base a bit more special to go with what is supposed to be a centre piece character.

Hmm, definitely a good idea. I ran it by my local GW, and they want me to enter it in a conversion contest, but want me to keep him on his current base. B)

Archived