Marine Attack Bikes and Smoke launchers

Toothless_saw

Hi,

Im sure this has come up before and im an edition of the rulebook behind but... why does the attack bike come with smoke launchers, im sure from my reading of the smoke launcher rules it doesnt do anything unless the unit has armour.

cheers.......

because once upon a time all bikes were av10 vehicles, and could be given grenade launchers. But that was back in the era when tanks had anything up to av 25ish and multimeltas did 2d12 plus d6 plus 8 armour penetration... It never came off the kit after 2nd ed at a guess...

because once upon a time all bikes were av10 vehicles, and could be given grenade launchers. But that was back in the era when tanks had anything up to av 25ish and multimeltas did 2d12 plus d6 plus 8 armour penetration... It never came off the kit after 2nd ed at a guess...

Damn, beat me to it.

Don't forget that multi-meltas had a 2" blast radius back then, and did 2d12 wounds. And if they were on a SM dread, they could be used as a heavy flamer (the old heavy flamer template was had 2 or more times the area of the current one). God, they were my favorite weapon back then!

Archived