Art Scale Jet bike

Grotsmasha

Soooo, I've been posting this over in the shrouded corner of the Dark Angels section and thought a wider audience may find this interesting.

(combining two posts from the other section)

POST 1

Having so many Black Reach termi's it seems a shame to waste the entire top back half, so I've found a use for them, well maybe......

JETBIKES !!!!!!!!!!

gallery_48988_5384_350545.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_463884.jpg

I realise it looks very stubby and I am brainstorming for a way to lengthen it. Still needs the jet in the rear also.

So, very much a WIP still, so C&C as usual.

POST 2

So I reacon I.ve solved the stubby-ness issue. What do you guys think?

gallery_48988_5384_75864.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_330018.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_695878.jpg

Mucho GS and gap-fill to do still, but this is the prototype/learning curve model.

Hit me with the C&C.

Cheers, Jono

I think the extension you figured out looks good, though I'm no expert on jet bikes. Meanwhile though the Hussar Feather Thing... it just seems out of place to me.

EDIT: The Storm Bolters also seem out of place, could be the way they are mounted, or just that its a storm bolter.

not really a fan of the double feather thing, just looks a bit...odd.

I recon the front air scoop things would look better if they werent angled inwards, but rather outwards.

I agree that the storm bolters look a little out of place. maybe have them on a sort of pintle thing under the air scoops?

Thanks for all of the comments.

Regarding the storm bolters, they were all i could find at the time and was to lazy to remove them. Since my Baneblade is now irrepairbly destroyed I'll use the heavy bolters from that as the normal bike ones are not up to the task.

Cheers,

Jono

I like it. I think that just one feathered front plate would look better then the layered idea you have going, but that is not saying that the layers look bad. I like how the Terminator backs cause the bike to be wider, and think their inward direction looks great. The stubby look you had originally appealed to me, (I have no idea why,) but with the Heavy Bolters the extra length seems necessary.

Keep up the good work ;)

i can hear the laws of aerodynamics weaping softy in a corner but other than that is looks really cool.

one small nitpick, the intake jets should be the other way around:

like this <jetbike

not this >jetbike

does that make any sense?

DM

If he tries that, the curvature of the Terminator backs will still create a 'lip' like protrusion which will still be non-aerodynamic. Frankly, it looks fine to me. It has that 'I don't care if physics laughs, I can't hear it over the roar of my engines' look.

I will agree, however, that the rear post looks far too frail, rider or no. Beef it up a bit and we'll talk.

Hey guys, it great to get some real feedback.

The Original Stubbuness: Is fine for normal marines, way to small for TS

The Double Feathered Fairing: It will be GS'd level so it will look like the same piece, not layered. Without the added height, it looks a little silly once the rider is mounted.

The Air Intakes: I've been mucking about trying to get the Intakes facing outwards as some of you have suggested, but it doesn't add as much width, then there's the silly lip thing in the middle... I dont know. I'll still assemble one (as best I can) and see what you guys think.

Looking at it now does anyone else see Judge Dredd's Lawmaster?

• 1 month later...

I run some dark angels... I like it, but I'd change the double set of wings on the front fairing to a single set of wings. Clip off a right and left angels sanguine or whatever they are... use that or something cuz the double wing is gnarly. Love what you did with the extra two jets in the back.

My only other beef is with the termy torsos. They look just like termy torsos. You'll need to do something to hide the fact you are using that as air intakes. Cut, cover, trim, plasti over, whatever it takes to help those intakes look less like you have 2x strapped termy torsos.

Overall its coming together

Archived