Dawn of War

Vulkan454

As the title suggests I was thinking about retinues in Dawn of war. When you set up a HQ character that has a retinue do you deploy the retinue as well?

I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question but it came up in a game lately.

Cheers

Vulkan

As the title suggests I was thinking about retinues in Dawn of war. When you set up a HQ character that has a retinue do you deploy the retinue as well?

I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question but it came up in a game lately.

Cheers

Vulkan

Yes you do. A character is unable to leave a retinue- and they count as one unit.

Inversely a Squad with a transport is two units- as the vehicle is its own unit.

Thanks for the quick reply. The annoying thing is thought that my opponent uses a GK GM and a full squad of termies as a retinue so he deployed them all which was bad for me. Thanks for clearing this up.

Vulkan

It does...however you could deploy the command squad or their rhino transport as your hq unit for dawn of war instead of your captain, as they are all considered hq units;) (1hq unit and 2 troop units on the board, as it were)

So you can decide to place your command squad's rhino on the board, thus removing their mobility when they turn up. Cool.

Why would you chose to do that Arikel? ;)

It's up to 1 HQ and 2 Troops, you don't have to deploy anything :P

Archived