Immolator Spam

Drain

Does this actually work? It seems good on paper but also feels very inflexible.

Been a while since I've looked in the WH dex but is that for the most part a heavy support choice (not including dedicated transports). If it is a heavy support choice then for the love of the children think of the exorcists! Oh a Leman Russ BT is also nice :)

I've played against it, and it makes for an incredibly BORING game. You park a couple Exorcists in the backfield to blast enemy armor, and drive the Immolators forward into the enemy. Don't be surprised if your opponent falls asleep at the table.

Immolator Spam works. Load up Immolators (which can come in nearly every Force Organization Chart slot in the WH Codex) with girls toting meltaguns. BS4 meltaguns in power armor make mech of all sorts cry. Twin-linked Heavy Flamers make anything on foot cry. And 10-12 models with a Rhino chassis will saturate all but the most dedicated anti-light vehicle firepower that most armies can bring to the table. It's a competitive list, but not a whole lot of room to switch things up. If you aren't cramming as many Immolators as you have points down your opponent's throat, the list's durability starts to collapse like a house of cards.

I don't spam them, but I usually run a Dominion unit in an Immolator (VSS w/Evi + Bolt Pistol, 3 Flamers, 1 Meltagun, 1 bolter, Immo w/Heavy Flamers). They're vicious against anything shy of power armour. Mech guard or Eldar loath them.

The other alternative, of course, is TL multi-melta on the Immo, then four Flamers on the squad, led by a Canoness (or Palatine) with Litanies. That slaughters units that rely on their transports for protection - Immo will almost always pop an APC, then the squad pop out with four (or five, or even six if you went insane with the Braziers/Combi-flamers) Rending templates. Of course, you want to be targeting something fairly high-value with that one - a Tac Squad in a Rhino is probably a waste of the unit.

Archived