LPC 2011 WIP - Raven Guard Commander

Tybalt Russ

I'm starting this thread for my vow. The vow was to paint a Raven Guard Commander. I wanted to do a pair of lighting claws. I had to order the right side one, from a pair of Space Wolves claws. So while I'm waiting on them to arrive, I blue tac'd him together. To work on a pose and see how things would look.

gallery_47443_5630_17361.jpg

Side view.

gallery_47443_5630_9479.jpg

There is no backpack on yet, because I have not picked out which one I want to use. The two headed bird one, a regular one, or a jump pack.

Any thoughts?

if you want the cape don't have a jump pack....

if your gonna have a dual lightning claw jump pack commander with beakie....get shrike....stunning model...

This.

I suggest no cape and a regular back pack. When I think of a guy with lightning claws, I don't think ornate.

Customize your own jumpack or use a sanguinary guard one. just have fun and do what you feel is right. personally id go cape jump pack and lightning claws with a beakie head and skip the shrike model on the grounds that building your own things is more fun then attaching an arm.

As stated above. Dual lc and Jp no cape. And shrike is a fanstatic model. But if you are gonna do the lc's and the wolf skull is on the one you recieve it would definitely look nice if you converted it to a bird skull. Just an idea

I had thought about doing that, with the lc's. It sounds like a better idea, every time I think about it.

Customize your own jumpack or use a sanguinary guard one. just have fun and do what you feel is right. personally id go cape jump pack and lightning claws with a beakie head and skip the shrike model on the grounds that building your own things is more fun then attaching an arm.

I think its more fun too, to build your own. Sanguinary guard pack is a great idea, I'll look into one of them. I wanted to keep the cape too, but will shall see what it looks like with a jp on it.

Shrike is a great model and may get him some day. But stated above, I enjoy kit bashing and making my own.

Thanks for the ideas and comments. Keep them coming.

Edit: After looking at the sanguinary guard packs, I would have to forget the cape.

Archived