Vintage dreadnought

sioka

Just thought you guys may like a little peak at a commision peice I put together over Christmas this was a fun project that made me apreciate how lucky we are now with the quality of the kits available to us now. This is the chaos dread from the old Games Workshop & Milton Bradley Games colabiration 'Space Crusade' I have left the model deliberatley with no markings just to show off the shapes used in the original sculpt the only alterations I have added were to drill out the gun barrels ( not an easy task on the conical missile launcher ) and to resculpt the front of the body as this was left in a mess by the original owner.

gallery_58523_5626_193940.jpg

gallery_58523_5626_885374.jpg

gallery_58523_5626_194719.jpg

gallery_58523_5626_128292.jpg

gallery_58523_5626_858970.jpg

Overall I am happy with how this turned out considering the short timeframe I had to work in and the recipiant was chuffed to bits and that was the most important part of the deal.

My only minor niggle is that you've reversed the colors ont he ammunition. The brass casings are painted silver, and the lead rounds are brass! :lol:
Bah, in the grim darkness of the far future casings are made of some high tech alloy that looks silver and the projectiles are HEAT warheads. There's a lot of copper in them. :tu:

Awesome paintjob BTW. I too always found the design of the old dreadnoughts weird. I first thought they were titans for EPIC.

Well, weren't the Space Marines glorified space cops in RT?

True. Although this is Space Crusade, and I believe that it came before Rogue trader, right? So I'm not sure what the Space Marines were like back then.

Space crusade (1990)was released about 2-3 years after RT (1987), but it was a wonderfull time to be involved in 40k as for the image of what made a marine at that time well it all changed slightly with every release but future law inforcement/colonial marines/super humans is about right. As for the dread this is basicly (unoficial but in terms of true to life) a mk2 dread with the original mk1 being the one in the RT rule book page 41, it went on to see a role as a traitor dread in the epic release of chaos war machines (1991).

Well, weren't the Space Marines glorified space cops in RT?

True. Although this is Space Crusade, and I believe that it came before Rogue trader, right? So I'm not sure what the Space Marines were like back then.

Space crusade (1990)was released about 2-3 years after RT (1987), but it was a wonderfull time to be involved in 40k as for the image of what made a marine at that time well it all changed slightly with every release but future law inforcement/colonial marines/super humans is about right. As for the dread this is basicly (unoficial but in terms of true to life) a mk2 dread with the original mk1 being the one in the RT rule book page 41, it went on to see a role as a traitor dread in the epic release of chaos war machines (1991).

Ah, I messed up my timeline there.

Archived