Disappointed by the lack of character re-sculpts

mercury

Although i must admit I don't like the death masks, and I don't think just putting a sang guard dude together with a death mask and saying 'He is Dante' is really good enough representation...As it could be any sang guard with an axe and melta pistol.

You wound me! Now I feel guilty, because that's exactly what I did, but I can't deny you're kind of right... in my defense, I don't use death masks on any of my Sanguard models so he still looks very distinct from them? I also plan on painting them silver instead of gold...

Tycho has the best Blood Angel sculpt of all time!

Why must you spread your lies?????!

Although i must admit I don't like the death masks, and I don't think just putting a sang guard dude together with a death mask and saying 'He is Dante' is really good enough representation...As it could be any sang guard with an axe and melta pistol.

You wound me! Now I feel guilty, because that's exactly what I did, but I can't deny you're kind of right... in my defense, I don't use death masks on any of my Sanguard models so he still looks very distinct from them? I also plan on painting them silver instead of gold...

Tycho has the best Blood Angel sculpt of all time!

Why must you spread your lies?????!

No wounding intended Plague :tu:

Im happy you all like the style of the models, but (IMO according to my taste as it were) Mephiston is terrible. -terrible- ... retarded.. I oculd go on forever. Its not just his hair... its everything. everything about the model is garbage... I dont think I have ever been as adamant about a topic. You guys defending it makes me question if you've even seen it!

:D :P

oh my, you seriously have a big problem. the sculpt is great and i do not think it needs to be redone.

tell us how you would like him to look. i am really curious how you imagine him...really really curious...

Im happy you all like the style of the models, but (IMO according to my taste as it were) Mephiston is terrible. -terrible- ... retarded.. I oculd go on forever. Its not just his hair... its everything. everything about the model is garbage... I dont think I have ever been as adamant about a topic. You guys defending it makes me question if you've even seen it!

:lol: :yuck:

oh my, you seriously have a big problem. the sculpt is great and i do not think it needs to be redone.

tell us how you would like him to look. i am really curious how you imagine him...really really curious...

Nah, I've had my fun with this topic; Im done now. I'll leave you to go rub the minis on your chest.

That's not exactly an answer. I believe you've said that before on this and other topics, then come back to argue. So, do tell, how would you imagine him, preferably with pictures? You could try taking photos from bitz sites and photoshopping them in to make a model. That would actually look pretty cool. If anyone is capable of using photoshop and wants to do this, please post pictures.

That's not exactly an answer. I believe you've said that before on this and other topics, then come back to argue.

I said I was done and I am. You're calling me a liar, go dig up a thread that I said I was done in, and post. Ive only ever said it twice, and both were today. Once in this thread, and once in the thread about eveyone getting the storm raven. aside from this past month... I havnt posted since Jan 6th of 09... that's longer than you've been a member of these forums.

That's not exactly an answer. I believe you've said that before on this and other topics, then come back to argue.

I said I was done and I am. You're calling me a liar, go dig up a thread that I said I was done in, and post. Ive only ever said it twice, and both were today. Once in this thread, and once in the thread about eveyone getting the storm raven. aside from this past month... I havnt posted since Jan 6th of 09... that's longer than you've been a member of these forums.

take it to PMs:)

Dante doesn't need a resculpt. He looks fine, also He could easily be put together with various bitz from the Sanguinary guard and dc boxes. Wouldn't be an exact, but better looking version. More like you could be able to tell that that's definetely Dante, but with a fresh feel to him. For one thing I think that he should definetely have a winged JP, to keep in line with the new HQ sculpts. Mephiston is a sore though, proportions all wrong which makes me dislike the model

I empathise to a degree; the Commander Azrael model is poor for a Chapter Master. He just looks too feeble, especially when compared to the likes of Lysander, Vulkan Hestan and the like. I think considering he's wearing artificer armour, carrying a master crafted combi-weapon and a unique sword, there's very little ornamentation to the model. Even Sammael is of superior quality (don't even get me started on the complete lack of a model for Belial).

Just re-read my post and it comes across very whiney. I'd like to make clear i'm not actually complaining; i'm proud of my kit bashed Belial and i'll certainly be having a go at Azrael some time soon. I'm not bashing GW in any way or form, just thought i'd add my opinion to this discussion.

I'd like to see some 'I could do better' versions of Mephiston, too. I don't recon they will be...

Mephiston needs a force weapon, a plasma pistol and a psychic hood. The first 2 are easy enough with bits, but the only pychic hoods are attached firmly to the heads of metal librarians. I don't think any of those figures are is good as Mephiston, and his Dr Strange collar supported by skulls is fantastic. For my ordinary librarian, I went (as others on the forum have) for a hood from the Dark Angels plastics, but it still isn't good and not at all how I imagine Mephiston. What about bits from the Vampire counts?

How does the Astorath work as a conversion? Mephiston doesn't have a jump pack, only flies with imaterial pychic wings. And that character still has the long hair Till has a hang-up about.

AndAstorath really is a rubbish figure....Don't imagine there will be many people standing up for him in 10 years time when two more previously uspected super-characters are unleashed in the new codex.

I'd like to see some 'I could do better' versions of Mephiston, too. I don't recon they will be...

Mephiston needs a force weapon, a plasma pistol and a psychic hood. The first 2 are easy enough with bits, but the only pychic hoods are attached firmly to the heads of metal librarians. I don't think any of those figures are is good as Mephiston, and his Dr Strange collar supported by skulls is fantastic. For my ordinary librarian, I went (as others on the forum have) for a hood from the Dark Angels plastics, but it still isn't good and not at all how I imagine Mephiston. What about bits from the Vampire counts?

How does the Astorath work as a conversion? Mephiston doesn't have a jump pack, only flies with imaterial pychic wings. And that character still has the long hair Till has a hang-up about.

AndAstorath really is a rubbish figure....Don't imagine there will be many people standing up for him in 10 years time when two more previously uspected super-characters are unleashed in the new codex.

I odn't like the high collar or the standard psy hood, i havnt' figured that part out yet...

as for the jump pack, first thing to do is, uh not put it on? it's really that simple there...

when i say convert i dont' mean take astorath and call him mephiston, first thing i did was cut him into 4-5 peices, his left shoulderrpad body and head are all i'm gonna use, what's funny, is looking art both minis, they are the same exact stile, astorath is just a tad bit bigger, the blood drop and wings on his belt are a little less.

so far i have astoraths left pad on his right, and i'm swaping sides for his weapon... the plasma is going to have to be holstered... i'm not tryign to reinvent maph, just give him a more dynamic pose, and slightly larger stature, leaving astoraths head on keeps the long hair, and if i paint it in flesh tones and whatnot it shold look good:)

My Mephiston is converted from Astorath. I added the Sanguinor's Wings and painted them green to represent him casting Wings Of Sanguinius. These pics were taken a few months ago and I've removed the wings now.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/Ryan-Ess/SPM_A0023.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/Ryan-Ess/IMG_0372.jpg

What about bits from the Vampire counts?

I like the Astorath model. And the Sanguinor one, but I've seen Sanguinor conversions superior to the actual model.

My counts-as Astorath is converted out of a Vampire Counts figure. It doesn't work quite as well as I'd hoped — they wind up looking a bit too mutated.

I really like the Dante model, doesn't take much to fit a winged JP on him (which i feel he does need).

The Tycho model is cool, but I have issues with any Astartes model that isn't a Space Wolf not wearing a helmet.

Lemartes is SOOOO much better than the horrible version they did before.

Mephy does need a bit of a redo to be honest.

Meph is passable...just, but Dante really needed a rework, every time I look at the model I just dont get a sense of dread like I do from Astorath, lemartes, or even the sanguinor. But, in saying that, as others have said, in two weeks we will have every option available to us, something that is very rare.

Archived