Sons of Lorgar, I require your opinions

Irabrai

As the title dictates, I'd like some opinions from you.

I'm currently running a Thousand Son Chaos Army, and I'm looking at eventually expanding it further than it is already. I think i've got enough models to get to about 1750 points but will eventually look at expanding it after i return to my first love (Blood Angels)...

I'm in the process of reading "The First Heretic" and currently enjoying the book, and I'm considering having a squad of Word Bearers to take the place of a Chosen squad. I've asked a couple of guys whether they'd be ok with this and both of them have said that its fine.

I'm thinking of using a mixture of the DA veteran sprues for the cloaks, and then using normal CSM bits to do the rest of it, give them a Icon of Chaos Glory and other weapons that I havent thought about, but thought it would be best to get your opinions on the way I'm doing it, and if any of you already have any squads it'd be a good first step if i can see how they turn out. I have looked through the "Come, fellow Word Bearers" topic but couldnt find any pictures of any squads in the same make up as i'm intending.

Help would be gratefully accepted, and thanks for any advice given.

That's a pretty standard approach to model Word Bearers and one I've employed myself to a certain extent. If you do a picture search for 'Word Bearers' on Google you should find some pictures of what you're thinking about doing. Dark Angels veteran sprues + a mix of Chaos Space Marines and Possessed frames is the way I've been doing it although I am in the very early stages of building my force having only assembled about 15 models of which I am only happy with about 10 :).

These Dark Angel robed Marines + normal Chaos Space Marines will be used as my "Tactical" Marines but I've just "finished" modelling my Chosen today which basically use the Chaos Warriors from Fantasy as the bodies and then whatever bits I find in my bits box that look alrite.

Yep - as Rik stated quite well, the DA bitz + Chaos bitz approach is very popular, and very appropriate for the Bearers of the Word. You'll not go wrong with the combination. :P

I've also found that Blood Angels make for excellent conversion opportunities, as their semi-artful armor does a lot of of justice to the Legion's aesthetics. Try experimenting with lots of different bits from disparate sources, and you'll be surprised at the ideas you'll suddenly have.

Archived