true corruption; venerable dreadnought into chaos dread

bjørn eirik

a renegade chapter, wich I call Iron Mongers (hereby officially calling dibs on that name)! I'll make a pic of their colour scheme on them pretty soon.

they're renegade Iron hands wich were corrupted fighting iron warriors, worshipping chaos as undivided, and rather different aspects on it as a whole instead of khorne etc. will have one squad for each though, so 5 total. have one terminator squad, 2 daemon princes, one terminator lord, one defiler I'm converting, 4 squads in pip and wip, and a few special chars I might paint up as them as well.

just saw the new furioso dread, maybe mix them with the venerable one for clawyness ;)

That's what I did for my first Chaos Dreadnought for my World Eater's army. (the second one is a converted Ironclad ;)) It's so cool to see a venerable Dreadnought with spikes, skulls chains and a nice chaos helmet with horns on it instead of the regular helmet ^_^

Of course, if you want to change the helmet for one that has horns on it, you'll need to do a bit of hacking, but believe me, it sure is worth it :o

the iron mongers? i can see it now

"the iron mongers are coming! lock up your wives, they will sell hand fashioned iron peices at competitave prices!"

its a bit like having a renegade chapter called the "the bespoke iron workers". maybe even the "high street independent iron smiths" beware! they will deliver traditionally fashioned ironwork to your door, aswell as heresy and slaughter!

I have barely started considering the conversion, this is more of a "any ideas?" thread, but I'm thinking of maybe chains, spikes and stuff. my GS skills are lacking, so not much in that department. I do have bitz from the daemon price set though, so mayb something from there.

Some ideas:

- You could use one of big-clawed arms of the Dp as a CCW

-The DP set has to big pauldrons and two smaller war plates. Maybe the smaller ones might fit on the legs of the dread.

- The DP set also has some loincloths you can put on the sarcophagus like some sort of pennant or on the legs

- Once I have seen a conversion, where the dread had some sort of halo made out of spikes/spears. Could also be nice

- You can also take some skulls, cut the back of the cranium of and glue the front of the skull on the sarcophagus, or the arms.

- A small chain wrapped around one dread "arm" (like the Black Templars, but only way cooler :) )

although all your ideas are brilliant, I've already used most of those bitz. I like my DPs with large hands :)

might try out that halo though, and there will be a few skulls here and there. the DP left arm (the "weedy" one) might find a place on it, with chains if i can find some cheap ones.

Archived