My take on FW's Zhufor

hexonxonx

Hey guys, this is my take on forgeworld's World Eater's Terminator Lord Zhufor, from the Imperial Armour "Siege of Vraks" series. I found the traditional world eaters red was a little bright to my eyes, so i tried to tone it down a little, unfortunately due to my poor picture taking skills it looks a bit darker than it does in person and not quite as saturated. Also, to personalise it a little im painting the planet inside the world eaters badge bone coloured, this is because i find blue and green on a red model to look quite lurid and also because i kind of liked the idea of carving defeated enemie's bones into an effigy of the planet to be taken quite fitting in with the khorne aesthetic, however between my own gaming circle it has polarised some people, some love it, some find it to look like a splotch of mud :P but anyway, i'd love to hear your feedback!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/timclay101/Zhufor1.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/timclay101/Zhufor2.jpg

These look badass Much better than the bright red

Agreed. I love em. What is the recipe please?

Hey man,

The method i used was chaos black undercoat, followed by a heavy drybrush of scab red, followed by a drybrush of red gore, followed by a dry brush of blood red. I then did a coat of baal red followed by a coat of gryphonne sepia.

The trims are painted with a coat of tin bitz, with a thin coat of dwarf bronze and then a wash of gryphonne sepia.

Hope this helps!

Also, ive got some pics of some forgeworld berzerkers im working on at the moment. i can upload them as WIPs or just the final product depending on what you guys are curious to see.

I REALLY like your take on the World Eaters color scheme. It may look a BIT dark, but even in this light it looks like dried blood, which is how I've always envisioned their armor. Excellent job! You have the Rout's stamp of approval :)

These look badass Much better than the bright red

Agreed. I love em. What is the recipe please?

Hey man,

The method i used was chaos black undercoat, followed by a heavy drybrush of scab red, followed by a drybrush of red gore, followed by a dry brush of blood red. I then did a coat of baal red followed by a coat of gryphonne sepia.

The trims are painted with a coat of tin bitz, with a thin coat of dwarf bronze and then a wash of gryphonne sepia.

Hope this helps!

Also, ive got some pics of some forgeworld berzerkers im working on at the moment. i can upload them as WIPs or just the final product depending on what you guys are curious to see.

thanks!

Archived