Birthday kitbash

Lestat

Hi folks,

I've recently got my brother interested in 40k again and he has decided to collect Space Wolves this time around (rather than the foul Xenos Eldar) After educating him somewhat on what I knew of the Wolves (I play BA and DA myself) and gave him a rough guide to the Horus Heresy, he was quite taken by the story of the 13th Company.

So, with his birthday being tomorrow, I decided to build a 13th company Lone Wolf for him just out of parts I had in my fairly extensive bitz box. Now, as you can probably see from the pics, there is still a little finishing off to do - mainly on the legs and a couple of mold lines I've spotted, but I'm fairly pleased with the overall result. Especially as a I did not use a single SW part in building this model.

I'll leave to my brother to paint Hrolf Sternhammer up and hopefully convince him to post some pics on here.

So, without further ado, please allow me to introduce Hrolf.

gallery_36289_5641_2156669.jpg

gallery_36289_5641_5332599.jpg

gallery_36289_5641_5109802.jpg

Any C&C is more than welcome!

Holy cow, this is my first post here so I wanted to make it count, great model friend.

Love how bulky he is. Screams bad arse viking.

Many thanks for the compliment - just trying to decide whether to add more furs or not.

Not blowing my own trumpet, but I think it's one of my best conversions to date.

Great work I really like it. it a really heroic feel.

I don't think it needs any more fur myself. From the pose I like to think he's just shrugged off a pelt and is now turning towards his foe to get down to the business of dismemberment.

I hope your brother posts a pic when he's done as I look forward to seeing this model painted.

NatG

The extra think legs look fantastic, very clever use of shoulder pads :-)

FOXX

Thanks. I actually "borrowed" the idea from a conversion I saw on B&C a few months back. Just seemed to work so well.

Great work I really like it. it a really heroic feel.

I don't think it needs any more fur myself. From the pose I like to think he's just shrugged off a pelt and is now turning towards his foe to get down to the business of dismemberment.

I hope your brother posts a pic when he's done as I look forward to seeing this model painted.

NatG

I hope he does as well -just got to convince him to join B&C!

as a 13th company it need more battle scar and battle damages

and for balance I think a cloak would be great

good job!

Cloak. Hmmm. Now thats not a bad idea! I think I've got a Chaos Terminator Lord's one kicking about somewhere which should work well.

As for the battle damage, I was going to leave that for my brother to decide how he wants to do it. Whether he wants to hack into the model and drill holes, or whether he wants to paint the damage on (which would be a great way to learn some new techniques for him too!)

I am loving the sheer size of this model. As if Termies couldn't get any more massive! He fills up the base's space very well I think. Gonna have to try those kneepads when I get some spare parts. Love the pose too. The guy looks like a living wrecking ball ready to ruin someone's day.

In fact, that'd make a pretty epic battle cry. "My name is Hrolf Thorgesson and I am here to ruin your day!"

Thanks for the comments guys. Hrolf was recieved very well by my brother and yes, he has joined the Frater of B&C!

Decided not to go with the cloak in the end - it just didn't look right.

Thanks for the comments guys. Hrolf was recieved very well by my brother and yes, he has joined the Frater of B&C!

Decided not to go with the cloak in the end - it just didn't look right.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Lestat's brother.

I have a rough idea for a colour scheme but any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking a dark metallic grey with a bit of red. Possibly a chaos red something along the lines of khorne beserker red.

Archived