Furioso Librarian

Brother Joseph

or deep strike preventing further movement but you could still run. All obviously foolish ideas to try and cheese you way into an advantage.

You can run...and if you have a not assaulting assault move (Jetpacks and Warpspiders basically) you can also use that after Deep Striking.

Sorry BOB... My point was that when you deep strike, you cannot MOVE (as in the moving in the movement phase) but you can still Run (as in the moving you can do in the shooting phase and, as you pointed out other shenanigans). A dodgy, underhanded sneaking gretchin might try and say that they can still Run, since it is not the same as Moving, and reference the DS rule which prevents Movement, but does allow movement.

Is that a bit clearer?

Example:

Dreadnoughts in assault act like they are infantry, not vehicles. They have a number of attacks and can roll them in assault. Yet, if both the Blood Fists on a Furioso are Weapon Destroyed the Dreadnought can no longer attack in Assault because it lost its weapons. The ability to assault was removed together with the Damage Result.

Thats...not how that works AFAIK...

This.

A dread that has lost one ccw still strikes at str 10 with the other arm without the bonus attack granted by the additional ccw. If it loses both arms it strikes at str 6 because it no longer has a dread ccw to boost it to str 10. It still gets to attack.

This is indeed correct it seems.. I did my own research and found no reason why it should loose all it's attacks in the rules.

Seems my LGS has been playing this wrong all this time then!

Guess this just prooves that the 'my LGS has done this for years' doesn't proove a thing in a rules discussion.

Back to Immobilized and movement via Magna Grapple:

I know it is very illogical and very unfluffy. But Immobilized is Immobilized. The vehicle cannot move because of the game rules. So no normal movement, no Winging around, no Running, no Assaulting and indeed also no movement caused by outside sources like Magna Grapple or, if applicable, some form of flee movement at a failed Ld check in a Psyker vs Psyker power that might be cast on a Libby Dread. (not sure if this power exists already, but it might in the future)

or deep strike preventing further movement but you could still run. All obviously foolish ideas to try and cheese you way into an advantage.

You can run...and if you have a not assaulting assault move (Jetpacks and Warpspiders basically) you can also use that after Deep Striking.

Sorry BOB... My point was that when you deep strike, you cannot MOVE (as in the moving in the movement phase) but you can still Run (as in the moving you can do in the shooting phase and, as you pointed out other shenanigans). A dodgy, underhanded sneaking gretchin might try and say that they can still Run, since it is not the same as Moving, and reference the DS rule which prevents Movement, but does allow movement.

Is that a bit clearer?

Sure I misunderstood. BUt the DS section does specific movement phase movement which makes it different on so many levels.

Call me silly. I don't want to argue either. But wasn't the purpose of the magna-grapple to move the vehicle against it's will? It's almost like lash forcing models to move out of turn against their will? I can understand no movement in your movement phase even with wings on your dread. But regarding the grapple, it is against your will and not your movement phase. By the way, did GW FAQ this?

Example:

Dreadnoughts in assault act like they are infantry, not vehicles. They have a number of attacks and can roll them in assault. Yet, if both the Blood Fists on a Furioso are Weapon Destroyed the Dreadnought can no longer attack in Assault because it lost its weapons. The ability to assault was removed together with the Damage Result.

Thats...not how that works AFAIK...

This.

A dread that has lost one ccw still strikes at str 10 with the other arm without the bonus attack granted by the additional ccw. If it loses both arms it strikes at str 6 because it no longer has a dread ccw to boost it to str 10. It still gets to attack.

This is indeed correct it seems.. I did my own research and found no reason why it should loose all it's attacks in the rules.

Seems my LGS has been playing this wrong all this time then!

Guess this just prooves that the 'my LGS has done this for years' doesn't proove a thing in a rules discussion.

Back to Immobilized and movement via Magna Grapple:

I know it is very illogical and very unfluffy. But Immobilized is Immobilized. The vehicle cannot move because of the game rules. So no normal movement, no Winging around, no Running, no Assaulting and indeed also no movement caused by outside sources like Magna Grapple or, if applicable, some form of flee movement at a failed Ld check in a Psyker vs Psyker power that might be cast on a Libby Dread. (not sure if this power exists already, but it might in the future)

C:BA pg 60 Magna-Grapple

*snip*

, the grapple's magnetic and gravitic field generators form an unyielding bond with the target's hull allowing the Dreanought to 'drag' it's prey closer.

*snip*

magna-grapple allows the dreadnought to drag it. It doesn't attempt to invoke movement rules. The entry gives a command to the player(s) to move the vehicle toward the dread'. Again, not utilizing the movement or shooting (run) phase or their rules. It is distinct and separate from typical game mechanics and is totally self contained.

If I recall correctly, the White Dwarf bat rep is no help (not that a bat rep should ever be used in a rules discussion) as the Libby dread did not have Wings as a power.

To bump this, I just reread the bat rep, and the Libby dread did have Wings as a power (and Blood Lance as his other one). He got immobilized turn 2, and never moved again.

Its not an official rules source, as bat reps often mess up the rules, but I thought I would correct my previous error.

Archived