Razorback Question

Captain Elarix

Sort of: 1 Tactical squad, be it 5,6,7,8,9 or 10 guys can only have one Razorback, but ANOTHER squad could take one aswell, giving your army 2. Then a ten man squad could combat-squad down to two groups of five, and each get into one of the RBs. Meanwhile your second Tac squad look around perplexed, saying "Hey, 'A' squad stole our ride!"

Simple answer, no.

Because they must embark (not deploy) into the second razorback. The unit combat squads as it hits the table. Not at the company motor pool.

Ie, half may take their ride, the other half must leg it onto the table in the same turn... however, If there's an unoccupied razorback on the table they may get into it as per regular embarkation rules.

There's a small bone of contention here where folks leave a razorback sitting at table edge empty waiting for them to embark into (before they 'move'!)... which means if reserved, they can, according to a rough glance at the rules, embark and then the razorback goes full speed with them and pops smoke... almost just like a second dedicated one.

I personally don't think this is possible as (I believe) the 2" to hull required for embarkation doesn't exist when the hull projects it off the table. The only reasonable way to have something partly off the table is when it's so big yet uses maximum movement inward in a straight line and still fails to completely get it's fat butt on.

Could you deploy one combat squad within their own razorback, then the other combat squad so it is within 2" of access points of the other empty razor, then on first turn the squad embarks the razor and the razor can move freely as normal from then on? (i do not have my brb with me at uni, so I am not sure of the last part, so if someone could clarify that would be appreciated)

FOXX

Could you deploy one combat squad within their own razorback, then the other combat squad so it is within 2" of access points of the other empty razor, then on first turn the squad embarks the razor and the razor can move freely as normal from then on? (i do not have my brb with me at uni, so I am not sure of the last part, so if someone could clarify that would be appreciated)

FOXX

Yes.

Say you had a 10 man squad with a razor. They combat squad and half starts in the razor. The other half could borrow the razorback for a unit that doesn't need it (say a Dev Squad Razorback) and you're good.

I personally don't think this is possible as (I believe) the 2" to hull required for embarkation doesn't exist when the hull projects it off the table. The only reasonable way to have something partly off the table is when it's so big yet uses maximum movement inward in a straight line and still fails to completely get it's fat butt on.

Theres a rule for this. The unit moves minimum it needs to be fully on the table.

FOXX

Yes.

Say you had a 10 man squad with a razor. They combat squad and half starts in the razor. The other half could borrow the razorback for a unit that doesn't need it (say a Dev Squad Razorback) and you're good.

Cheers, I might have to try this out :-)

FOXX

Archived