Storm Raven build

MrDante

Just finished assembling a new storm raven. Just wanted to make you all jealous!

More seriously it is a very good kit. I was impressed by the quality of it. As far as looks go, I think most people will be more impressed when they have one in hand.

http://e-lated.org/IMAG0104.jpg

http://e-lated.org/IMAG0103.jpg

http://e-lated.org/IMAG0102.jpg

It has options for heavy bolter or multi-melta nose guns, and turret mounted options of Assault, plasma, and las canons. I decided to equip mine with Multimelta and assault canons.

I saw one built in a games workshop store today. Wow it is awesome. I loved it from the first picture though. Looks pretty complicated to put together the pilot has a clear eye piece for example. But it was super cool. The Libby dread was made up too and that was awesome but the stormraven is better.

The tail fin goes on the other way around. :cuss

Yes, right now the "elevators" are facing forwards which would do little to enhance the Ravens flight performance!

How exactly would elevators enhance the flight performance of a brick even if they were the right way round? :P

I got to see one at the local Game Shop last night. Really nice kit! All the pieces fit together nicely, there was no warpage or big gaps between the larger pieces. What really impressed me was a couple pieces of clear plastic that are attached to the Space Marine pilot and on the wings (pseudo formation lights I guess).

The Thrusters on the nose and wingtips swivel along with the nose mounted guns.

You could easily throw a magnet along the door frames so you can swap out the Hurricane Bolters on the fuselage.

The gear are made up of a couple pieces so you can easily do "gear up" and "gear down" configurations.

The turret and upper intake on top of the fuselage are a couple extra parts that can easily be left off for those that don't like the looks.

The biggest complaint I have with the kit are these two very, very small and thin parts that have to be glued onto the clear canopy of the pilot.

Overall, a great kit and even though it's the Thunder Duck, it's grown on me. :)

The biggest complaint I have with the kit are these two very, very small and thin parts that have to be glued onto the clear canopy of the pilot.
I was thinking about covering most of the clear canopy with plasticard and make an eye slit to represent Extra Armour.

MrDante I have a question, How hard would you say the Hurricane Bolters be to fit more forward like next to the Front Ramp? Oh and any chance of seeing a Pic next to a Landraider and Rhino/Razorback? I wanna see how Big it is :D

If you put two landraiders without sponsons side to side, it's about that big.

The side doors on the fuselage are recessed in too far to move them forward. You would have to do some major conversion work.

I think you need to learn to read your own post better and mine. You gave a partial dimension , not dimensionS as I asked for....and i really dont see the hull as bing 10" long...from those pics it doesn't look it, I think you are including the tail as part of the hull.

who cares about the wings, i want to know about the hull of the vehicle. Whats its dimensions...remember you can only target the hull...not the wings. MWHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!

I'm fairly new to the game.

Where is this niffty rule ?

I believe you, I just want to know so when I tell it to an opponent I don't have to argue long. :rolleyes:

page 60. First paragraph...it specifically states you must be able to see its hull or turret. Ignoring, gun barrels, antennas, banner pols, ect...like it said...you must see the hull. Not the wing, not the tail, not the treads, not the smoke stack, not the spot light.

Archived