Crucible of Malediction

Debauchery101

so i finally got my hands on a copy of the codex and am pretty wowed by the extensive selection of nasty wargear and how i will fight it. one piece has me somewhat confused. the cruicible of malediction. my wondering is if this affects units that are fearless. ie demon princes, special characters, librarian dread gargantuan psykers and anything else that is considered fearless and a psyker. most previous descriptions of wargear would specifically state that if the unit is fearless then theyare unaffected by it but this does not say that in any way. i would be pretty mad if my two demon princes with warp time decided to go "raving mad" and go down as casualties to such a comparably inexspensive wargear item.

anyone have some info to expand and further clarify this item?

Funny story for you, sir. I lost 3 of my army's 5 psykers to this piece of wargear recently.

Yes, it works on fearless units if it gets activated and they're in range..

EDIT: A note for anyone else reading this besides the OP.. here's an example. Eldrad would be affected by the Crucible. If he's within 12" of the Avatar he is now fearless.. He's forced to take a leadership test anyways. It's not a pinning check or a morale check, so keep that in mind.

so i finally got my hands on a copy of the codex and am pretty wowed by the extensive selection of nasty wargear and how i will fight it. one piece has me somewhat confused. the cruicible of malediction. my wondering is if this affects units that are fearless. ie demon princes, special characters, librarian dread gargantuan psykers and anything else that is considered fearless and a psyker. most previous descriptions of wargear would specifically state that if the unit is fearless then theyare unaffected by it but this does not say that in any way. i would be pretty mad if my two demon princes with warp time decided to go "raving mad" and go down as casualties to such a comparably inexspensive wargear item.

anyone have some info to expand and further clarify this item?

CCrucible of Malediction: ... Every psycher within 3d6" of the banner must pass a Leadership test or ...
FEARLESS

...Fearless troops automatically pass all Morale and Pinning tests they are required to take, and...

There's nothing in the FAQ, so I would say - "ouch".

It's a characteristic test not a morale check or the like so yes you do have to test.

It's 12 years old anyway. A nasty if slightly dusty piece of wargear. It's one of those trinkets you take that never work in 8 out of 10 games but you keep bringing just for those few times when you bomb someones seers council

It's a characteristic test not a morale check or the like so yes you do have to test.

It's 12 years old anyway. A nasty if slightly dusty piece of wargear. It's one of those trinkets you take that never work in 8 out of 10 games but you keep bringing just for those few times when you bomb someones seers council

You do know its from the new version yes? This version is not even half a year old.

You do know its from the new version yes? This version is not even half a year old.

Isnt it the same as the old one?

You can bomb Furioso Librarians now :D

Isnt it the same as the old one?

You can bomb Furioso Librarians now <_<

Can you though? Is the Crucible of Malediction a 'psychic purpose'?

Q: A Furioso Librarian counts as being Leadership 10 for

all psychic purposes. What exactly does this mean? (p29)

A: It means that for Psychic tests, for using a psychic hood

and for being affected by psychic powers, special rules or

wargear that affect psykers and require a Leadership

value, they are counted as being Leadership 10.

It is wargear that affects psykers.

The crucible is exactly the same as in the last codex.

Yes you cam bomb Furiosos. Theyre a psyker. If they fail the test then they get taken off.

• 4 weeks later...

The crucible is exactly the same as in the last codex.

Yes you cam bomb Furiosos. Theyre a psyker. If they fail the test then they get taken off.

More or less. The old one had unlimited range, but would stop once a psyker died from it. The new one have limited range, but can "kill" all psykers that are within range. The old one also had som Ld modifiers.

Archived