Quick question about the standard bearer

Captain Artemis

My question is:

Can I give him a Power fist?

I'm working on my command squad for my captain for BA.

Or is the Standard Bearer only issued with a bolt pistol or boltgun?

Just wondering, as he is a Veteran. :s

And it would be cool if he had like a Power Fist on his left hand and the standard in the right.

Also... Another quick question...

Is it possible to...

Like... field a veteran with both a Power Fist and another close-combat weapon? oo'

Yes, but why would you want to do that? Only another Power Fist earns you the additional attack in CC. If you replace the bolt pistol with the fist instead of the chainsword, you can no longer shoot and still only get 2 PF attacks. I'm not sure if you could take two S4 attacks at I4.

I thought you sorta can, you can not choose to make a CC attack with a Pistol while having a Fist however I thought you could If you had a Proper CCW and a Fist for options. I could be wrong however but that is how I thought that rule went.

It has to be a special CCW. Say a character with a fist and a lightning claw could pick which to use each round.

My last HG ran a standard bearer with a power fist and a meltagun.

Actually I kind of like the idea of a standard bearer with a power fist, but using the power fist hand to hold the standard. It would leave the other hand free to shoot, and holding a standard would not stop a marine from back handing some ignorant scum that is charging him. Or using the lower half of a chaos space marine as an impromptue banner stand by smashing his chest with the power fist that is holding the banner. I seem to think I have seen it somewhere, but if not I may have to do it with one sometime.

I thought it was something along those lines, but I was not able to find any on the gw website. They must all be out of print. Granted, I have two standard bearers, and neither is in print right now. But thanks to your comfirmation Sama I am going to have to spend some time on ebay looking for one, or some fun with green stuff.

Oh there is my Standard Bearer from my BAPC Vow :D complete with Melta and Fist

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af31/Litany_of_hate/VOW%20COMPLETE/018.jpg

God My honour Guard is useless For play but is good for sitting on my shelf and looking Pretty.

My Company standard bearer uses the body of a tactical squad sergeant (from the first multi-part plastic marines) with bolt pistol, the power fist from the commander box and his standard is the commander's back banner. I liked the dramatically-posed power fist that the commander comes with and having the back banner really stands out amongst terrain, other marines etc.

Well, the problem with modelling it thru a chaos space marine would be with the size of the model's base. You would basically have to model them both leaning pretty good in order to fit both on the same base, otherwise you may have issues with rules sticklers. Enlarging the base can be seen as trying to gain an advantage. Though you could always say screw it, put it on a dread base and make it just for the sake of doing so. Come to think of it... For coolness factor you could even make it a dead chaos terminator... If you use a metal one it would need some sawing and such, plus some green stuff so he lies properly flat, but that would be pretty cool.

Archived