Landspeeder Storm

Armor Athlete

about speeder storm - if it is not a dedicated transport, that means that scouts cannot start the game embarked on speeder, ergo, speeders scout move cannot be performed with scouts in it (am I right?). Then I have a question about reserves - can I choose to outflank / deep strike speeder with embarked scouts? Do I roll once or twice for reserves?

about speeder storm - if it is not a dedicated transport, that means that scouts cannot start the game embarked on speeder, ergo, speeders scout move cannot be performed with scouts in it (am I right?). Then I have a question about reserves - can I choose to outflank / deep strike speeder with embarked scouts? Do I roll once or twice for reserves?

No, your mistaken on this one.

Dedicated transports have a restriction, wich is that they may ONLY have the squad they were purchased for embarked within them, and any independant characters they can contain.

Any other transport is free to carry whomever you like, as long as they are infantry, including in reserves.

It would be very cool in a ravenwing army to have the land speeder storms carry scouts with homing beacon. Use the elite slots on assault terminators and deploy some with shriek, and some with a librarian who teleports, and have some drop lands landing in the first turn. Sounds like funn. To bad (or perhaps good) the blood angels do not get it. :-)

It would be very cool in a ravenwing army to have the land speeder storms carry scouts with homing beacon. Use the elite slots on assault terminators and deploy some with shriek, and some with a librarian who teleports, and have some drop lands landing in the first turn

Indeed it would :P. (Though the subject for another forum maybe :P .)

Dedicated transports have a restriction, wich is that they may ONLY have the squad they were purchased for embarked within them, and any independant characters they can contain.

Any other transport is free to carry whomever you like, as long as they are infantry, including in reserves.

Wait, so can I buy a landraider as heavy support choice and start the game with tactical squad embarked on it? I thought you have to get on the transport in turn one, then you can drive it as normal. So, once again, I ask: "Can I perform SCOUT MOVE (moving before start of the game) with scouts embarked on speeder, or do the scouts have to embark on first turn, which means after SCOUT MOVES?"

Here is an example of a LEGAL use of Scouts in a Landspeeder Storm if you have first turn.

Scouts start the game by deploying in Landspeeder Storm

Landspeeder Storm then scout moves to just outside 12" of the enemy tank (generally making sure that it went 18"+ in a straight line to ensure that, if the enemy steals the initiative, they get a cover save)

Landspeeder Storm then moves towards enemy tank on turn 1

Scouts disembark

Scouts assault enemy tank, using grenades on rear armour

Scouts autohit and get a bunch of glances and pens

Tank explodes taking out a scout

Make sense?

Wait, so can I buy a landraider as heavy support choice and start the game with tactical squad embarked on it? I thought you have to get on the transport in turn one, then you can drive it as normal. So, once again, I ask: "Can I perform SCOUT MOVE (moving before start of the game) with scouts embarked on speeder, or do the scouts have to embark on first turn, which means after SCOUT MOVES?"

They can go into it during deployment. Wich means yes, they are already inside when you make your scout moves.

And yes, for goodness sakes you can buy a landraider and start in it. Does no one do this in your area?

Does no one do this in your area?

In his defence I know at least one gaming group which has outlawed this as part of their club rules. Dont know why but for some reason the person who drew up the rules decided that non Dedicated transports couldnt hold units at the start of the game. Needless to say I havent played there but people are a bit strange when it comes to house rules ;)

Does no one do this in your area?

In his defence I know at least one gaming group which has outlawed this as part of their club rules. Dont know why but for some reason the person who drew up the rules decided that non Dedicated transports couldnt hold units at the start of the game. Needless to say I havent played there but people are a bit strange when it comes to house rules ;)

Or he could be new and just not ventured out into his local gaming store for a game yet.

If its just ignorance on their part though, itd be helpful for them to be able to cite chapter and verse though.

Archived