What chapter do I do!

TheFallenArchAngel

Alright, then I say go with whatever color scheme you like better.

What appeals to you more?

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/1/12/Blood_Drinkers_Armor.png

or

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/7/72/Angels_Encarmine_Armor.png

On top of that, which Chapter Symbol do you think you'd be more comfortable painting?

The encarmine look too similar to the normal BA. Also i know the whole chapter drink blood, but the blood drinkers have a more 'thirst' for blood, and so make them more like vampires :P.

Also the symbols are cool, but i think BD are the choice, encarmine are too similar to BA for models, and you dont see many BD around ;)

i like both schemes but its the whole white painting on dc and sang guard, i don't no if a noob like me can paint it right.

@ the emperors immortals, at my gw out of the like 5 people how play blood angels 3 are flesh tearers, one of my friends at the store does tearers because his name is seth( chapter master is named seth)

I don't know what your painting capabilities are but painting white isn't as daunting as you think. There are several techniques that work including drybrushing from a gray primer, using ink or glazes on a white primer as well as the "build up via layers" which seems the most common.

It is your army and you will need to make the decision. Painting what you want is a strong motivator. Don't underestimate it.

I haven't updated my blog in forever but I play Angels Encarime and the white is easier than red to paint. Start with black and dry drush 2 or 3 coats of white and finish with a watered down white coat. Real easy. A very helpful tip is to use a new brush that is solely used for ONLY white paint. It keeps your whites whiter. :D

Have a look at my blog and you will see. The whole vamp fluffy thing never really interested me. It was the struggle with blood thirsty monster living inside that I liked.

Archived