New player with question regarding count as rule

Cyber_marine13

So I'm new to the game and want to create my own chapter. The thing i need clarification is: can i have my chapter master count as marneus calgar even if my chapter uses the BA codex? I like the calgar model and really want to use him but I'm not sure if this would be allowed. I have been told that for tournaments it wouldn't be but it should be fine for friendly games. If anyone can answer it would really help me.

You may not mix codexes, it is certainly against the rules.

Of course, you and your friends may change any rule you like, however you see fit, so long as you agree on the changes.

Hes not asking to mix codices, hes asking if he can use one model for another.

You can, by purchasing a captain with 2 powerfists, use the model. This will need to be explained to your opponent every single game however, as the idea of using C:BA for the Ultramarines is.... odd. I dont encourage you to do this, but it is certainly within the rules.

Hes not asking to mix codices, hes asking if he can use one model for another.

You can, by purchasing a captain with 2 powerfists, use the model. This will need to be explained to your opponent every single game however, as the idea of using C:BA for the Ultramarines is.... odd. I dont encourage you to do this, but it is certainly within the rules.

umm hes asking if he can use a BA model to reprisent a model from C:SM.. that would indeed be mixing codexes

My interpretation of the question is he wants to use the Marneus Calgar model in a BA army. as long as the Marneus Calgar model is be used as BA rules (likely a BA captain with 2 power fist) its legal.

To help make things right:

You can use him as a count as model in the BA codex who locks like hime. Perhaps with a storm bolter and a power fist, but preferably with 2 power fists. I do not know what you have in mind, but I am shure he will look great in whatever colours you decide to go for. As Grey Mage pointed out, be shure to tell your oponents.

As for using the ultramarine rules from one codex and mixing it with the blood angel codex, that you cannot do. Unles you deside to houserule it. I would not ecourage this, as it is not allowed in tournaments and the codex was never playedtested that way. It might turn out to be too good. I am a fan of the model though, so go ahead.

I sometimes use a modefier shriek model for a wolf lord with jump pack.

its unusual for me to be right.. so ill just take a minute, wiggle my booty and celebrate.

in the mean time, if your interested in using Calgar you should visit the ultramarines sub forum.

oh and welcome to the B&C.. you dont have to be crazy to play here but it helps

Ah, I see. I was confused- theres no chapter master entry in C:BA.

There should be (for those of us playing successors).

[sarcasm]Bah, we don't need no generic Chapter Master, we can use a JP Chapter Master (Dante) or a frothing Madman Chapter Master (Gabriel Seth)[/sarcasm]

Archived