Stormraven plastic kit - extra Armour?

Teagashi

Step 1. Go to a garage Sale.

Step 2 . Buy a used Toaster

Step 3. Glue Wings on it.

TaDaa!!! there you have it, a EA Stormraven! :P

Ok in all seriousness, i have not seen the kit, so i do not know, may have to pull out the plasticard and make our own.

No. I will be adding plasticard over the cockpit canopy and am considering using other pieces over plates to bulk it out a bit.

this is what will work best. but for me personally I'll be just using the verbal agreement that yes the armor is there. because I suck at plasticard work currently.

No. I will be adding plasticard over the cockpit canopy and am considering using other pieces over plates to bulk it out a bit.

This is a good idea with the canopy. I seen a photo-shopped image where a guy had done this and it looks much better. I'll be doing this to mine I think.

This is a good idea with the canopy. I seen a photo-shopped image where a guy had done this and it looks much better. I'll be doing this to mine I think.

Would you share the image with us?

There is nthing in the Raider or Rhino box to indicate exra armor either. If your modeling skills aren't up to the plasticard conversion (mine aren't) either do it as an uderstanding ("That Raven has Extra Armor") or wait for the eventual Forge World release of Storm Raven Extra Armor upgrade kit. No way they are going to miss out on that money maker.

hmm...what about flipping the top turret so its on the bottom... b17 style...would that be modelling for advantage? Since the top weapons most likely wont be able to see anything closer then a foot away to begin with.

im thinking of doing that just because i have an idea for the top... if i put it on a flying stand i doubt it won't be seen:)

hmm...what about flipping the top turret so its on the bottom... b17 style...would that be modelling for advantage? Since the top weapons most likely wont be able to see anything closer then a foot away to begin with.

That could definitely give an advantage to the conversion, any conversion removing the top turret alters LOS significantly. I probably wouldn't care, but it could cause issue in tournaments.

That could definitely give an advantage to the conversion, any conversion removing the top turret alters LOS significantly. I probably wouldn't care, but it could cause issue in tournaments.

i plan on making a much shorter air intake for the top, and have been trying to figure out where to put the weapons as pretty much any height in front of them will ruin what i see in my head... if someone has a problem i'll be happy to have em shoot the exra hight:)

good point.

Though to answer ops original question, take a look at ww2 planes and tanks and what any army did to bolt on extra protection, but give you some good ideas. Or maybe go along with something similar to the a-10 and give it an extra-armour "coffin" for the pilot.

who says the pilot can't invert to allow the turret to shoot? so i'd say no it's not modeling for advantage. it's a flying machine and as such can move right side up as well as upside down, to allow however many of it's weapons or which ever of it's weapons to bear as possible or needed.

see the forum's new banner up top. the turret could just as easily pointing downward during the turn to shoot and ground units underneath it's normal depression. or hell you could say that it's firing from a dive. to make the turret's LOS work how ever you want it to.

how ever i don't really see any where on the raven to put an underslung ball turret. it would stick down below the landing gear or you'd impede the dreadnought transportation abilities of the vehicle.

Archived