{ARTWORK} Never forget, Never forgive

Mr. Nipples

I'd suggest using something more along the lines of a Mark 3 helm for the Iron Warrior, as it is an older style which is visually similar to their chapter badge. I don't think horns are really in keeping with the IW: don't they tend to replace mutations with bionics?

There is something about the pose, though, which does not quite seem right. It reminds me of Hamlet's "Alas! Poor Yorrick!" speech, with a quality of pensive reflection rather than the sheer hatred I would expect of an Imperial Fist for an Iron Warrior. After the events of the Iron Cage, I'd expect the Fists to have an extra-special quality of hate for the IW above all the other Traitor Legions.

Perhaps if you had the IW helm held in the open plam of a power fist, the fingers slightly bent, it would give the impression that the Fist was about to crush the skull of his hated enemy. I'm not an artist, so I wouldn't know how to depict an IW helm being squeezed and deformed in the instant before it shattered.

Incorportating imagery referencing the iron cage on the shoulder pad might also help make the link. A portcullis is a device that is used in heraldry.

Coloring will probably make it pretty clear that the helm is that of an Iron Warrior. Still, I agree that it seems to be a strangely contemplative or lamenting image more than anything. I can't think of any way to better convey the hate the IF have for the IW better than the suggestion of crunching/cracking the helm in his hand...not to say that's a fantastic idea, it's just the best one I can think of at the moment.

Nipples- ive been following your recent flurry of artwork and i can tell this is going to be freaking epic!!! i think with the similarity in the helms and the "hamlet" pose, it really pulls together the thought that they were once battle brothers- the imp fist unable to comprehend why his brothers turned to chaos. absolutely rockin dude!

There is something about the pose, though, which does not quite seem right. It reminds me of Hamlet's "Alas! Poor Yorrick!" speech, with a quality of pensive reflection rather than the sheer hatred I would expect of an Imperial Fist for an Iron Warrior. After the events of the Iron Cage, I'd expect the Fists to have an extra-special quality of hate for the IW above all the other Traitor Legions.

Perhaps if you had the IW helm held in the open plam of a power fist, the fingers slightly bent, it would give the impression that the Fist was about to crush the skull of his hated enemy. I'm not an artist, so I wouldn't know how to depict an IW helm being squeezed and deformed in the instant before it shattered.

I REALLY like the powerfist idea, you could theoretically have the fingers of the Imperial Fist's power fist starting to dent the Iron Warrior's helmet to help show the hatred and what is about to happen to the helmet.

Think of the Iron Warrior's helmet like a soda can, they bend and dent pretty easy, I figure a power fist would act the same way to a helmet like that.

Hmm...well, if you want to make the helmet undeniably IW without demonificating (yes, that's a word now. I have that authority) it with horns and such, you could always sneak some of those yellow and black hazard stripes onto a portion of the helmet.

I REALLY like the powerfist idea, you could theoretically have the fingers of the Imperial Fist's power fist starting to dent the Iron Warrior's helmet to help show the hatred and what is about to happen to the helmet.

Think of the Iron Warrior's helmet like a soda can, they bend and dent pretty easy, I figure a power fist would act the same way to a helmet like that.

Quoted for awesomeness.

I agree, try that (if the commissioner agrees ofcourse). In my eyes as well, it seems like the IF marine is watching the helmet with respect. Like he slayed the IW in battle and now is 'honoring' the helmet of a worthy fallen enemy. And that would never happen.

Thus I really like the idea of a PF about to break the helmet. As other said, slightly dent the helmet already. As this picture is taken a second before he crushes the helmet.

you see, at this stage - i don't see respect. i see contempt, chaos has made the iron warrior weak. that was his downfall that was how he was defeated - i see the Fist trying to understand why an astartes would do that to himself - why make one's self weak and flawed

I REALLY like the powerfist idea, you could theoretically have the fingers of the Imperial Fist's power fist starting to dent the Iron Warrior's helmet to help show the hatred and what is about to happen to the helmet. Think of the Iron Warrior's helmet like a soda can, they bend and dent pretty easy, I figure a power fist would act the same way to a helmet like that.

I like the sound of that!

Saying that though i think that some marines if not whole chapters might see "chaos" marines as more of lost brothers, i can't see it being very common though.

A big factor for the piece will be the feature of the words

We Never Forget,

We Never Forgive

Which you can make out slightly on the pauldron, I think that adds a bit fo weight to the piece as a whole and negates the idea that there is respect in that gaze.

More of a "We will not forgive, nor forget, but why?" moment/

A big factor for the piece will be the feature of the words

We Never Forget,

We Never Forgive

Which you can make out slightly on the pauldron, I think that adds a bit fo weight to the piece as a whole and negates the idea that there is respect in that gaze.

More of a "We will not forgive, nor forget, but why?" moment.

Archived