{ARTWORK} Never forget, Never forgive

Mr. Nipples

Just for a second i thought feathers what? Then realised they are the beginnings of horns, lol.

Personally i think the helmet would be better without horns - not every chaos marines has them...

Definitely looking good, though, I'm not overly fond of the horns as well. The design of the helm and hazard stripes scream "Iron Warrior" enough as-is.

Either way, yet another quality piece is coming together. I definitely admire your artwork and skills!

Personally i think the helmet would be better without horns - not every chaos marines has them...

Gotta agree on this one, but I'm kinda parcial as I never really liked the chaos marines horned helnets.

lovely composition. Don't like the horns.

I dont mind horns on helmets of chaos guys, regardless of legion (maybe not on Alpha-legion, but thats because with horns its difficult to be sneaky about whom you are).

But, I think it looks like e just grew these.. essentially he is "minor chaos" or "Chaos mini-marine" .. they should be slightly bigger/longer... Or without them at all.

Otherwise I'm really liking what I see these days from you. A little more fiddling with things like anatomy and foreshortening and you will have that job at GW in your palm.

Hey guys, so I'm back from the dead. I've had strep this whole week and I've felt like a peterbuilt hit me. Basic update here from a few days ago, fixed some of the anatomy and proportion issues (even though hes a 10 ft tall super human in huge armor) and cleaned up the lines, now I'll start adding in some more lighting and texture work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/JasonHeuser/JUAN-2.jpg

Colrouphobic-I agree with the horns, I plan to nix them. I hope GW sees things as you do ha-ha. I still haven't received any responses Sad face.

I shall cut the horns from this guys, I should be back to 100% and working the next few days so expect more from me then.

Imo, the heads are a bit too small, but I guess that's your style.

His heads are actually more in scale than the miniatures. The Marine minis are actually ludicrously out of scale with their giant heads, if they were real their armor would be paper thin. The artwork that shows the Marines heads looking tiny is cool, it makes them look more imposing 'cause their armor's huge.

@Crimson Fisting: I agree with you on the scale issue. I also dig your nickname ^^

@Nipples: Great to see you back in action with so many cool pieces. You were one of my biggest inspirations when I joined the board and it's good to have you back here.

And if GW don't want you, I'm sure there are lots of game studios that are looking for someone with your talent.

I dont really time these things, I just pop on a tv show and start drawing. Roughly a few episodes of the office I'd say is the timeframe.

heres the update from tonight, the rain and stuff add to it and am really happy with the look of it so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/JasonHeuser/JUAN-4.jpg

Looking good so far. The IW helmet itself is brilliant. Incredible texture, hazard stripes, eyes.

From the moment I heard horns though I thought blech. Don't get me wrong, I like em they can look really cool, but the design of the helmet just did not suggest, need or want them. The only other thing, to me that (Iron Warriors) helm seems a little small. I understand one could argue about the genetic oversize mutant thing, but you don't really see undersized heads in the minis. (unless your talking about chosen chaos warriors :))

All the good points I mentioned also apply to the Fister's helm too.

Archived