Dornian Heresy World Eaters

Janitor101

Hello y'all, after much debate with me, myself and I, I decided that a break from collecting my DIY chapter wouldn't be a terrible idea, so I latched onto the Dornian Heresy since I adore alternate reality/history stuff, from there I narrowed it down to World Eaters.

And without farther adieu, I present the test model for my army, he's about to get basecoated white in the next five minutes.

Front:

gallery_54892_5659_116865.jpg

Side: (With the GS'd World Eaters Heraldry)

gallery_54892_5659_8003.jpg

Other Side:

gallery_54892_5659_150011.jpg

The only thing I'm not sure about is the topknot on his helmet, what do you guys think?

C&C Welcome.

EDIT: Crap, images are still really big, I'll make the rest I upload much smaller, sorry.

Hmmm, nice GS work on the legion symbol! I just had to do mine freehand. <_< The chainaxe is looking nice too. :o

I wouldn't bother with the topnot - I think your instincts are right to question it. I would class the Dornian Heresy World Eaters as very buttoned up and proper... repressed? They intentionally reject the darkness that they know lurks inside them, pressing it down so that it can never escape. :devil: I think they know that if they ever tried to be bad, they would be very good at it, if you know what I mean. -_-

Cheers,

Aurelius.

Hmmm, nice GS work on the legion symbol! I just had to do mine freehand. <_< The chainaxe is looking nice too. :o

I wouldn't bother with the topnot - I think your instincts are right to question it. I would class the Dornian Heresy World Eaters as very buttoned up and proper... repressed? They intentionally reject the darkness that they know lurks inside them, pressing it down so that it can never escape. :devil: I think they know that if they ever tried to be bad, they would be very good at it, if you know what I mean. -_-

Cheers,

Aurelius.

Thank you kindly good sir.

One I idea I had for the topknot was to glue it to the end of handle for the chainaxe, like some of the little things some of the Chaos Chainswords have on them, but for now I can go and lop it off.

Back once again, and the test model is painted to tabletop(ish) standards, he's got a few little funky areas on the forehead of his helmet, but they aren't that bad.

Front:

gallery_54892_5659_55067.jpg

Side with Legion Emblem:

gallery_54892_5659_92985.jpg

Back:

gallery_54892_5659_121600.jpg

Other side:

gallery_54892_5659_196735.jpg

I was forced to use a glossy white primer, which is a mistake I will never make again, too much corrective work needed, and I would have gone easier on the black wash.

What do you all think?

Archived