Fallen Angels is unfortunately more accurate

Chendals

You're correct, normally multi-wound models would have to taken off as quickly as possible as opposed to spreading wounds around. However, I feel this is one of those very few instances where this isn't the case. dswanick has it right, each model would take a wound, as you technically roll for them individually. This is similar to the Zoanthrope brood's Perils of the Warp, you don't remove whole models when possible, rather each model takes its wound, meaning it needs to have suffered a wound already to be removed.

I suppose if we are just throwing wound allocation out the window then yes I suppose you're right. :o

Why would we throw wound allocation out the window? When a unit takes wounds we have to allocate the wounds as per the wound allocation rules because the rules say so. When models take wounds from difficult terrain, we don't allocate the wounds because the rules say so.

I suppose if we are just throwing wound allocation out the window then yes I suppose you're right. :)

I'm sorry, but I'm not, what is it, 'throwing wound allocation out of the window'. They are completely different things. As has been said you roll for each model, it's subtly different to wound allocation through shooting and assaulting attacks. If my opponent turns around and say hey, that's not how you do it, then I'd have no problem taking a bike off anyway, in the end it's just a game.

I suppose if we are just throwing wound allocation out the window then yes I suppose you're right. :o

I'm sorry, but I'm not, what is it, 'throwing wound allocation out of the window'. They are completely different things. As has been said you roll for each model, it's subtly different to wound allocation through shooting and assaulting attacks. If my opponent turns around and say hey, that's not how you do it, then I'd have no problem taking a bike off anyway, in the end it's just a game.

As per past arguements the first line says roll a group of dice as a whole as I read it. :)

I suppose if we are just throwing wound allocation out the window then yes I suppose you're right. :P

As per past arguements the first line says roll a group of dice as a whole as I read it. :lol:

No, it suggests that you roll dice in batch to speed the game up, just it like it suggests using the same dice that hit to roll to wound with. It's not an official rule, its a suggestion that already was in common practise and still is, because seriously, who wants to roll separately for 10 different guy's boltguns? And if my squad of two melta attack bikes and one heavy bolter bike roll through terrain, I'd still roll them in batch (obviously doing the heavy bolter separately for wound allocation). It's just that if I scored 2 or 3 wounds no bike would die outright as these wounds are individual, and effect the individual, not the group.

Roll a D6 for every model that

has entered, left or moved through one or more areas

of dangerous terrain during its move.

This is very specific it says "every model" not "each model" not "per model" nothing else "every model"

I think I made this clear in the last thread but every is a term you use for a cohesive group. you are rolling a group of unmarked dice together. How are you then supposed to select which dice was for which model? That of course is just my take on it. I think the rule is contradictory and strange.

Edit: @ Dark Guard. Have you considered that you are going against Wound allocation rules by placing attacks against specific models not wounds?

Roll a D6 for every model that

has entered, left or moved through one or more areas

of dangerous terrain during its move. On the roll of a 1, the model suffers a wound,

This is very specific it says "every model" not "each model" not "per model" nothing else "every model" - One die rolled for each and every model, wound applied to the model suffering it. Fixed it for you.

I think I made this clear in the last thread but every is a term you use for a cohesive group. you are rolling a group of unmarked dice together. How are you then supposed to select which dice was for which model? That of course is just my take on it. I think the rule is contradictory and strange.

Edit: @ Dark Guard. Have you considered that you are going against Wound allocation rules by placing attacks against specific models not wounds?

^^^ What dswanick said.

However, the very fact that we're going back to past posts in this thread means we are nothing more than going around in circle. I feel there are two arguments for an against conveniently summed up, lets let the people choose what they think is right and get back to playing the game :P.

^^^ What dswanick said.

However, the very fact that we're going back to past posts in this thread means we are nothing more than going around in circle. I feel there are two arguments for an against conveniently summed up, lets let the people choose what they think is right and get back to playing the game :).

Yes as per what I posted earlier. I feel one way and thats all there is to it for me. :lol:

I suppose if we are just throwing wound allocation out the window then yes I suppose you're right. :lol:

As per past arguements the first line says roll a group of dice as a whole as I read it. :ph34r:

No offense intended, but your argument is based on a ridiculous amount of wordsmithing. When in doubt, apply Occam's Razor to the rules.

Archived