Casualties & Coherancy

So say you have a squad of devastators/long fangs. Say they are strung out in a line (as a safeguard against blast weapons). If they get shot up and it works out that 1 or 2 in the middle die, it would put the unit out of coherancy. Does this mean that they are worthless next turn since they have to move to re-achieve coherancy and hence can't fire their heavy weapons?

It seems wierd that this would be the case. I've had it happen before and probably just left them out of coherancy. Is there some sort of consolidation move that won't prevent them from firing their weapons that I'm missing?

Thanks.

If coherencey is broken, they must use there move to regain it. and if they move, they cant fire heavy weapons. Its advisable to remove models from the ends to avoid this, or position in a laticework instead of a line to minimize blast damage.

There is no way around this, except maybe through devious use of combat tactics/ATSKNF.

Frosty is correct, and this is a much neglected rule. Personally, I deploy my unit so that it's "impossible" to break coherecy, no matter which type of model dies; it usually ends up putting 1 or 2 more in blast radius, but so be it - better than not firing at all for a turn.

Archived