Stormraven (Artwork)

madscuzzy

We have had the Dornian Heresy Banner up for quite a while now, so I figured a nice change would be good. We *try* to update the banners when we get new stuff and the SR is a fairly 'big' deal as it is entirely a new unit, contentious or not.

We have had the Dornian Heresy Banner up for quite a while now, so I figured a nice change would be good. We *try* to update the banners when we get new stuff and the SR is a fairly 'big' deal as it is entirely a new unit, contentious or not.

Thats fair enough, was only enquiring. :wub:

Why does the release of a Stormraven warrant a banner change?
A model that beautiful with rules that balanced does not merely warrant a banner change. It demands it.

I actually did not know there was an angle from which it does not look like a bizarrely front-heavy ridiculous flying brick but madscuzzy seems to have found it. Kudos.

Your artwork is very good, it is just a pity that the Stormraven is so damn ugly. Don't waste your talent on that flying abomination which is only piloted by the false Emperor's lickspittle servants.

Praise the gods and paint a nice Hellblade instead! :blush:

Very nice, love it!

This and the Caestus Assault Ram are both awful designs BUT your illustration is quick and well done. Nice work.
I agree 100%.

I used to agree with you, but after seeing it in the plastic I can now vouch that the pictures by GW do it no justice at all and that it is a rather nice model.

I have seen it in the plastic. Unpainted. And it is impressive and sexy, really. However! It is also ugly and Games Workshop's: 'playmobile/duplo/lego' way of painting things too clean and bold does not help.

I would definitely loose the servitor thing on top. It's a bleeding kit-bash, poor design and disappointment. But to be optimistic there is a lot to work with. The illustration hides some of the nastiness so well done.

Archived