Chaos 1st Companies

Talon Darkshade

Word Bearers have the Anointed, the Word Bearers trilogy implies that there are a reasonable amount of Anointed in each Grand Company. Occasional references to Abaddon implies he has a lot of Terminators protecting him.

I think the two frontrunners would be the Word Bearers and Black Legion. The Word Bearers were one of the largest Legions, with only the Ultramarines having more Astartes, and would have commensurately more suits of TDA.

While the Sons of Horus never had even remotely the numbers of Astartes as the Word Bearers, pre-Heresy, the Black Legion takes all comers: Astartes from the other Legions with an axe to grind, Renegades, whatever, and they bring their Terminator suits with them. The Sons of Horus, who did have access to great numbers of TDA anyway, due to their status as... well, the Sons of Horus... definitely favoured Terminator assaults. The Word Bearers seemed to spread them more throughout their forces, meaning that each Host in the present day would have at least some access to the venerated Terminator armour, though only their holiest warriors, the Dark Apostles and the Coryphayae, along with their most blessed, the Anointed, who would ever be honoured to wear the sacred Terminator suits.

And, of course, they also keep what they kill... and fight like hell to preserve what they lose.

Nothing that I know of, pre or post-Heresy that talks about a Legion with an extra helping of Terminator suits. The Legions were so large, I kinda don't see any of them having a real focus on Terminator assaults over any other type of combat available at the time. IIRC TDA creation was also better understood during the Great Crusade era, so the Legions were imaginably equipped with all the suits they felt were necessary, and could simply request more when needed.

Archived