Children of Eternity

XKhalilX

I am pretty new to the whole painting thing. I\'m really obsessed with 40k. I do not play at all and have no desire to. I love the stories and the aatmosphere though, so basically I started painting and modeling out of pure hobby. Some of you may have read about my Children of Eternity in the Librariaum (if not check my sig). I finally am getting around to painting them.

first off, here is there chapter symbol that a brother made a decal sheet of for me:

gallery_35976_3158_63.jpg

First, I am making High Master Ereas Idaeon. He was the very first High Master of the COE. So i decided to model him. I wanted to make him a little different and tried making his armor "ornate" and almost xenos looking. This is my first use of green stuff. I suck at it, but here is the beginnings.

gallery_35976_3158_17673.jpg

Here is a squad of marines I painted up, white shoulder pads will designate a sergeant, white arms will designate a veteran. although i may just keep the purple shoulder pads and add a helmet stripe to the crest of helmet to designate a sergeant and keep white arms for veteran (sorry in advance for bad pics)

gallery_35976_5670_44555.jpg

gallery_35976_5670_4663.jpg

Easy brother, that's pretty common. I like how you're thinking big for your High Master; is that your first attempt at green stuff? If so, not bad. As for the paint job, I just can't see it very clearly. Use a grey or white background for your pic (I usually steal a sheet or two from my printer, and place it behind the mini's), and your pics will come out clearer, so we can give some constructive critisism. Good job so far, man.

I reckon you have done pretty well so far, but as the dude said above me the pictures aren't very clear. I had no idea they were supposed to be purple until I saw your profile pic (If that is of a COE marine) cause in the pictures they look kinda like a dark red.

And I have never used greenstuff so you are far better than me. :D

Welcome brother! it they look great ;) i love the use of purple and white, and dont beat your self up about the green stuff you dont think Urial Ventris became a captain over night did he? ;) hell no he had to throw the old one at a bunch of explosives with a plasma gun before he did <_< haha,

your painting is great, green stuff is good and will only get better!

Cant wait to see more brother!

Jeff

ill have to do try that sheet background thing. its actually a purple red. I use Reaper Master Paints as much as possible alongside Citadel Foundation paints

Helmets are basecoat of Necron Abyss, then gradual coats of white

Bodies are Reaper Master Paint triad of Burgandy Wine, then dry brush of Violet red and a very light second drybrush of pale violet.

I realized i should work with GS after its settled for about 15-20 minutes, rather then trying to work with it immediately lol. I think I am going to retry Idaeon again. I want to make the original headquarters of the COE, and then move on to the modern headquarters. I have huge plans for the Chaplain Zealot, afterall he is supposed to represent me in the 40k realm :P

my ultimate goal is to make 2-3 successor chapters from the Children of Eternity and have them form a quasi legion under an agreed pact. It's funny, out of all the loyal chapters and primarchs, I found the Iron Hands and Ferrus Manus to be my LEAST Favorite. I found their fluff boring. I read Iron Hands book and thought it was ok. Then I read about Ferrus in the HH books and started liking him. Now all my favorite ideas are based off Iron Hands geneseed! (although my heart will always have a special bond to Sanguinius).

Archived