Sang Guard w/Dante

MrDante

In an earlier thread I heard mention of having 6 sang guard choices. I know they are elite and are limited to three and in Dante is in the group he makes them troops as well. Does that mean I can take 6 as troops choices and 3 as elites or is it limited to a max of 6 because of dante?

I need to check the wording again, but I'm pretty sure if Dante is in the list they become Troops, no option of some being troops and some being elites. So you would be limited to 6.

I need to check the wording again, but I'm pretty sure if Dante is in the list they become Troops, no option of some being troops and some being elites. So you would be limited to 6.

I side with JamesI. Codex says: "In an army that includes Commander Dante, Sanguinary Guard are Troops choices." So no "Elites" slots are available.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool when I saw it as well. Can you imagine what the heck it would take to actually get all 30 of them in one place for a single fight? Sure for Ka'Bandha once with the Grey Knights, but outside of that it would take a heck of a lot.

Wow, there are only 30 sanguinary guard?

Successor chapters have their own, though it seems likely the Blood Angels have more than anyone else.

There are circa 7 or so unambiguous and surviving Blood Angels successors, so I would hazard a guess that there are somewhere between 90 and 200 or so Sanguinary Guard in the galaxy. Bringing in contradictory reports, DIY successors, and dead Chapters like the Flesh Eaters could push the number up to 300 maybe.

Weird. I'll have to re-read the BA Codex, but I was under the impression that it was 27 Sanguinary Guard, and that was including the current leader Seraphon (or whatever his name is)?

DV8

Archived