Bikes, buildings, and multi wounds

Grendelsbane

I am thinking of taking some bike squads in my army....but I am wondering if I have some Imperial Guardsmen up on the 2nd floor of a building can the bikes actually ride up to the 2nd floor and engage them in hand to hand?

Second question revolves around wound allocation on a multi wound character in a squad. Now I know you can allocate a wound on a multi wound character...for example a Captain in a tactical squad gets hit by bolter fire...he fails his save so now he only has two wounds. The squad with him in it gets hit again with a wounding hit. Does the Captain have to take the hit now or can I still allocate it out to another model in the squad? I recall that you are supposed to try and get whole models out when subsequent wounds are allocated...so does this mean that all subsequent wounds would now go on the Captain until he dies? Only once he dies can you then allocate to other models?

Thanks!

Frosty's Wound Allocation Order of Operations

1. Enemy Rolls to hit

2. Enemy Rolls to wound

3. Apply one wound to each MODEL untill each model has one wound, Then Apply a second, third, and so on untill there are no more wounds to allocate.

4. Seperate wounded models into different identical groups based on wargear and profile (so all marines with just a bolter in one group, ones with a boltpistal/ccw in another, plasmaguns in another, sergents in another and so on)

5. Roll armor saves for each GROUP

6. Within each group aply wounds in such a way to remove the maximum amount of models/wounds posible (for example intant death goes on the ones with the most wounds remaing), extra wounds do NOT carry over into other groups, they are lost.

Should clear up your alocation question.

For the bike bit, I am not sure, I do recall a rule that allows you to engage models units on the floor above you if it is imposible to fit on the floor, but i think part of the requirments for that is that you need to be able to reach that floor if the enemy wasnt there (the rule was so you cant bock the the entrance and be unasaultable simply because the enemy has no were to stand). Of the top of my head though, I would rule no.

So that would resolution is for each round. So the next group that shoots at the squad you do the whole wound allocation all over again. Got it.

The bike thing...I didn't find any rule against it and I figured if a big ol' dreadnought can climb stairs why can't a marine drive a bike up a stairway?

One note ont he no-bikes-in-ruins rule...if you and your opponent have decided to declare things such as stairs or ramps as "clear" terrain, the bikes may go up those. But, that falls firmly in the "house rule" or "custom rule" realm.

At our shop, we have a few builings with wide, sweeping stairs that allow access to the flat roof of a landing pad or building, and I'm typically allowed to drive my bikers up those, a la "Terminator 2" (the scene where the T1000 drives the police bike up the stairwell). But, at the same time, we have a few ruins that have small ramps inside them that lead to second and thrid levels. Essentially a partially-fallen floor, and I'm not allowed to drive up those.

Archived