this conversion cost me £2.00!

brother hrolf

hello people again

i recently purchased a assault on black watch space marine commander from ebay witch cost me £2.00 with some chopping and filing and fully magnetising i have come up with this ! comments and criticism welcome all in all a cheap little bargain !

gallery_58887_5571_320793.jpg

gallery_58887_5571_50325.jpg

gallery_58887_5571_304333.jpg

gallery_58887_5571_156477.jpg

gallery_58887_5571_7005.jpg

First, you are a very good painter.

Second, I think you meant to put this in the hall of honour, not Works in Progress.

Thirdly, though it is a very nice conversion and paint job, he doesn't scream "SPACE WOLF AAAAARGGGGGH!" at me, which is a little bit of a let down. I would suggest (if you were wiling to) that you greenstuff some fur onto the top of his cape, across his shoulders.

I would agree with the others - he looks a little too "clean" to be a wolf. Some extra fur would help.

But it is a pretty nice model. An absolute bargain at that price and it's superbly painted too!

You could do a banner with something like a wolf skull for the top bit and then either great company or personal heraldry on the banner + some fetishes if you wish and that would be wolfy... the aquila however makes it look Ultramarine or some other chapter of that ilk. Yeh its a common imperial symbol but space wolves tend to do things their own way!

It is a nice bit of work either way but I agree with what people have said about the unwolfy bits :wacko:... russ would be proud!

Archived