Ork Nob Bikers

MygL

Fear the darkness on a Libby :)

Nobs are LD 7, so making them take morale on LD 5 is lots of fun then watch those bikes run 3D6 inches.

Ld 5 Fails LD 58.3% of the time, with a boss pole the squad still fails 34% of the time. I would say that a 1/3 chance of basically killing the whole squad.

Fear the darkness on a Libby :)

Nobs are LD 7, so making them take morale on LD 5 is lots of fun then watch those bikes run 3D6 inches.

Ld 5 Fails LD 58.3% of the time, with a boss pole the squad still fails 34% of the time. I would say that a 1/3 chance of basically killing the whole squad.

It will only kill the squad if they're near their table edge, which I doubt, or if you can keep someone near them and alive to prevent regroup, which is entirely possible knowing Blood Angels. And bear in mind it effects everything else nearby. Is it a Leadership check or a Morale test? If it's the former it'll be nasty on Ork Boyz as well, regardless of Mob rule.

It will only kill the squad if they're near their table edge, which I doubt, or if you can keep someone near them and alive to prevent regroup, which is entirely possible knowing Blood Angels. And bear in mind it effects everything else nearby. Is it a Leadership check or a Morale test? If it's the former it'll be nasty on Ork Boyz as well, regardless of Mob rule.

It is a morale check sadly, but it will kill the squad if: 1.) They are near the table edge (potentially within 18" of the table edge.), 2.) They fail to regroup, they are not marines and are base LD 7, so there is a definite possibility they won't regroup. 3.) They fail to meet the standards for regrouping and fall back. In addition If the squad takes 2 turns to get up to your side of the table, and then run back the other way they are dealt with even if they are not dead.

Well even if they have Mob rule they need to be over 10 to get fearless? Even forcing a leadership check at Ld8 isn't too bad, as any Marine player with their Sergeant dead will tell you.

Most people don't run 10 man Nob biker squads in my experience (such a squad is a minimum of 450 points with no upgrades, 485 with the pain boy). Most tend to be 5 or 6 models,+ a boss. So if they went to 10 + the warboss, they would be fearless, but such a squad would likely run the ork player 700-800 points. And would be vunerable to fear as soon as one model dies. Though in the case of having the warboss will help with LD 9, but still should that unit run it is a majority of the ork army as far as points go.

Well even if they have Mob rule they need to be over 10 to get fearless? Even forcing a leadership check at Ld8 isn't too bad, as any Marine player with their Sergeant dead will tell you.

They usually chuck in the warboss... wich brings the mob size up to 11.

They usually chuck in the warboss... wich brings the mob size up to 11.

That would be the problem. Maybe a lucky missile launcher shot beforehand could help. I suppose the proper solid tactics is to send Hammernators at them, perhaps with Lysander or someone similar. I know I don't use Hammernators and I've had problem with them in shooting, although Sternguard seemed to do the trick. Fortunately for me they only got my Vindicator, I dread to think what could have happened if they reached my Tactical squad.

Archived